Heart Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• matisse216
    Options
    I use Polar FT40, it shows your heart rate, displays calories burned, you can enter goals and stuff but I mostly use mine for the calories burned.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/improve_fitness/fitness_crosstraining/FT40

Same! and I love mine. I have actually left it on for hours after the gym without noticing!
    Just because it sits underneath your bra boning and is so comfortable.
  • pedritos1
    pedritos1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow i feel like an idiot not knowing about the caps rule. Thanks mfps for helping me learn this lesson. :blushing:
    I usually don't post replys but actually knew a little something about the bodymedia hrms and wanted to share.
  • devariojay
    devariojay Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT 7. It is very inexpensive and it does what you need. IT DOES not have GPS tho. There are other polars if you want those features.

If you want to be able to track workouts over time, count calories burned, and get a heartrate this is great. and you may be able to find one for ~50 bucks. i got mine for 40 from amazon over the christmas
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 or 70... I love my FT40! I just got it and I can't believe I have been running all these years without it. You can change the batteries on both the transmitter and watch yourself (some brands you have to send it off for this). Amazon.com has them for pretty cheap, too :)
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Zephyr HRM BT for Android (chest strap blue tooth heart rate momitor). Works great with Endomondo for tracking workouts. Tracks distance, calories, heart rate and a bunch of other stuff I don't recall plus it is rechargeable via USB. I also have a Fuelband that tracks my daily movements; i.e. steps, cals, and "fuel". A little dissapointed with it and may try fitbit flex when it comes out.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    O... I jumped the gun earlier. Sounds like you want a pedometer (steps taken/cals burned) rather than a HRM (chest strap with watch). FitBit's are really popular... they are coming out with a flexband soon, which looks just like bracelet (most other pedometers clip to your pants/bra).