Is Too Much Protein Bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    She's not even eating much, if any animal protein, so go debate that in private messages people.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump**
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have seen some survivor man shows where if ALL you eat is protein you can get protein poising buuuut thats like if your in survival death starvation mode so I am sure your fine, Its actually better for weight loss it takes more cals to convert protein into energy than the other macros so keep it up!
    you don't get "protein poisoning" you get ketosis.

Get your facts right. Ketosis is not just from eating protein alone. It involves fats too.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Modern day's silly obsession with protein borders on the psychotic, lol. Protein is necessary, but does any normal body actually need more grams of protein per day than say 0.4 of your body weight?

My daily protein has always been 50 +/- 15 grams per day, I have been at or near my goal weight since age 20, I never catch the flu, and I have no allergies and no medical condition whatsoever. My body isn't flabby, I don't run out of breath, and my hair is thick. I work in my yard regularly, and scratches heal quickly.

Maybe more protein isn't how you stay there, and maybe it isn't how you get there. As for whether too much protein is bad for you, "A suggested maximum protein intake ... would be ... 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg (176 lb) individual (1.0 g/lb)".

A review of issues of dietary protein intake in humans.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16779921

The following article is more easily digestible.

Three Problems Associated With Too Much Protein Intake
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/three-problems-associated-much-protein-intake-6546.html
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Modern day's silly obsession with protein borders on the psychotic, lol. Protein is necessary, but does any normal body actually need more grams of protein per day than say 0.4 of your body weight?

My daily protein has always been 50 +/- 15 grams per day, I have been at or near my goal weight since age 20, I never catch the flu, and I have no allergies and no medical condition whatsoever. My body isn't flabby, I don't run out of breath, and my hair is thick. I work in my yard regularly, and scratches heal quickly.

Maybe more protein isn't how you stay there, and maybe it isn't how you get there. As for whether too much protein is bad for you, "A suggested maximum protein intake ... would be ... 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg (176 lb) individual (1.0 g/lb)".

A review of issues of dietary protein intake in humans.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16779921

The following article is more easily digestible.

Three Problems Associated With Too Much Protein Intake
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/three-problems-associated-much-protein-intake-6546.html
    Neither of those are proper studies and once I saw rabbit starvation i knew it was garbage.
    So how has that protein been working out for you? you seem so associate protein intake with allergies and that has nothing to do with it.
    You also dont understand that many times for bodybuilders or athletes, higher levels of protein are much more adequate in terms of strength and recovery.

even with that article talking about ammonia build up is garbage. that reduced liver function and reduced brain function are associated with impaired liver function already. That means the liver cannot function already and it is basing off a problem of impaired brain function off someone who already has liver function.
    Protein is bad for you if your liver cant function? No ****.
    look up liver encephalopathy.

high cholesterol? that isnt with protein, thats with the fat that may come with protein intake.

weight gain? lol no. excess calories is weight gain. fat or carbs can be associated with weight gain if you think like that.

Please dont link articles in regards to health information such as this if you dont know what the underlying reason is.

Please dont ever say psychotic, because you clearly have no idea what psychotic means.