That smell!!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I was shopping in the Big Y today and walking through the bakery area and someone was handing out freshly baked brownies!! OMG! I was hungry too because I hadn't eaten lunch yet. BUT, I didn't have one...instead I went to the frozen section to stock up on Amy's Mexican Tamale Pies. If you haven't tried these, you NEED to! They are really good and filling and only 150 calories and 3 g fat. For some reason, the Big Y and Whole Foods are the only place I can find these things around here!! Other stores have other Amy products but not these tamale pies.

Anyway, back to the brownie. What is it about a freshly baked chocolate gooeyness that hits you right in your taste buds?? I mean, that smell assaults you!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was shopping in the Big Y today and walking through the bakery area and someone was handing out freshly baked brownies!! OMG! I was hungry too because I hadn't eaten lunch yet. BUT, I didn't have one...instead I went to the frozen section to stock up on Amy's Mexican Tamale Pies. If you haven't tried these, you NEED to! They are really good and filling and only 150 calories and 3 g fat. For some reason, the Big Y and Whole Foods are the only place I can find these things around here!! Other stores have other Amy products but not these tamale pies.

Anyway, back to the brownie. What is it about a freshly baked chocolate gooeyness that hits you right in your taste buds?? I mean, that smell assaults you!!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You are freakin awesome for not eating that brownie!!!! soooo temptine but darn woman you must have some wicked will power.

i think the yummy brownie smells so good because the oven radiates the warm delicious smell and makes you visualize the brownies gooey goodness.....

j~:bigsmile:
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    this is funny, recently I watched on disc channle, a show called the human body, and they tested the pleasure reactions in the brain, when a couple in love kissed, and when people ate chocolate, the same couple's kissing didbnt hold a candle to the pleasure they received when they ate chocolate!! it just goes, to show, there really is something about gooey chocolate goodness :blushing:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I love the smell of brownies... and any baked goods for that matter.

There's a bread factory in my city and sometimes I drive by it early in the morning and the smell of freshly baked bread is drifting heavily through the air... it makes my mouth water even when I am not the slightest bit hungry. I always have to fight the temptation to pull into a donut shop after smelling that freshly baked bread scent!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You are awesome I would have attacked the woman and got my brownie ha lol thanks for the story....
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    oh my, fresh baked bread would reel me in faster then a brownie....I know what you mean we had a wonder bread near us, plus a licorice factory.:tongue:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    this is funny, recently I watched on disc channle, a show called the human body, and they tested the pleasure reactions in the brain, when a couple in love kissed, and when people ate chocolate, the same couple's kissing didbnt hold a candle to the pleasure they received when they ate chocolate!! it just goes, to show, there really is something about gooey chocolate goodness :blushing:

Yeah! Endorphin overload!! It makes me want to run to the store and buy some brownie mix!! There are times (like that time of the month) when I HAVE to have it! I would hold a knife to someone for it!

Man, if I was told I was allergic to chocolate, you might as well just kill me now. Life without chocolate is not worth living! :noway: