Reasons behind doing my first Sprint Triathlon

Options
2»

Replies

• J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yep...crying over here too. I can feel the energy of your determination through your words. Well done Momma!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What a great story! I did my first sprint tri at age 55 and, at 60, I've got one coming up in June. You have many good races ahead of you.

And, you learn a little every time. My first, I forgot where I racked my bike and my transition time was 10 minutes! Last year I got out on my bike and the bystanders yelled at me that I'd forgotten my helmet. I had to go back and get it- being out on the course without would have been an instant disqualification. Maybe this year it will all go smoothly.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story!! You are such a good sweet woman!! You should be proud!! Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • lifeisgood28
    lifeisgood28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am sitting here in tears! You are a true inspiration! My husband does triathlons and I wish I had the courage to get out there and do one. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am happy to share my story and very happy that you guys have taken the time to read mine :)<3
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    You are so amazing! Your story is an incredible inspiration!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Vee! My wife and I will be doing our first sprint on June 22nd. We're with Team in Training to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of my cousin Stevie (who died from Leukemia when we're both around 6 years old), my nephew, Damien, who is a survivor of childhood Leukemia and my father-in-law, who is a survivor of Lymphoma. Your story is such an inspiration and I wish you and your family the very best as you continue on your journey!!
  • cwhussey
    cwhussey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Vee! My husband shared your story with me and it is the inspiration I continually need to gear me up for our first Tri in June. Our team name is TWIN-spirational because our identical twin boys (4 1/2) are our inspiration to get and stay healthy while constantly trying to set good examples and be the best possible parents we can be. I loved reading your entire "blog" and watching your video. You certainly have a lot to be proud of. Carpe Diem!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!