What do you eat/drink for breakfast?

Options
I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, but its killing my daily sugar intake before I even get to lunch. Besides eggs, what breakfast foods/drinks do you have?? Looking for ideas!

Replies

• lisamyershb
    lisamyershb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Odwella Protein drinks --- 240 Calories seem to jumpstart and sustain me till lunch. Sometime a small piece of fruit in between.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, but its killing my daily sugar intake before I even get to lunch. Besides eggs, what breakfast foods/drinks do you have?? Looking for ideas!

I'll juice up some vegetables, or take a protein shake, or just eat nothing.

In general, if I eat prior to 1pm or so it doesn't sit well with me, unless I've been drinking. I'll do it sometimes socially though, like to take my wife to brunch.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    one slice toasted of Killer Dan's sprouted wheat bread (2 sugar) and 1 TBSP almond butter (3 sugar) Holds me until lunch
  • Shannon_H
    Shannon_H Posts: 35
    Options
    It varies:

- Banana and flax oatmeal, (or any other type of flax oatmeal - I've been eating a gluten free one lately) 1/4C blueberries, coffee with creamer...I'll never give up the creamer! lol

- Toasted flax seed bagel with 1tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana, 1/4C blueberries, coffee

If I'm out of all that fun stuff, I'll toast a frozen multigrain waffle and have it with 1tbsp peanut butter, 1 tsp honey, some type of fruit and coffee.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It varies-- sometimes I do dry cereal and nuts, sometimes yogurt and fruit, and lately I've been getting into beef jerky again. Anything with significant protein, because my job is physical involving walking and lifting.

If your sugar is only coming from things like yogurt and fruit throughout the day, I wouldn't worry about going over. Try swapping in Greek for regular though, it generally has a bit less sugar and fat (unless you are already eating fat-free) and packs in more protein.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal (from the tube _not_ the package) and a scoop of whey.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and strippers.
  • ndowns22
    ndowns22 Posts: 20
    Options
    Have any of you heard of Shakeology?
    70 nutrients, 1 glass! I have it everyday for breakfast and its without a doubt the best health decision I have made!! Its so fast, easy, delicious and jam packed with nutrients. I could tell major improvements within days!
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How about a slice of whole grain bread with a small banana or maybe low sugar fruit oatmeal. The oatmeal might hold you over until lunch a little better than the banana sandwich..
    english muffin with turkey bacon/sausage. Just some ideas.. :}
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Each morning I have a serving of Special-K Oats & Honey cereal with Full Circle Original Unsweetened Almond Milk and a banana (with 16 ounces of water to drink).
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have an egg on a flat bread with a slice of cheese. A tall cold glass of water & a banana.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a banana or a frigo light cheese stick so my breakfast is usually jusst 50-110 calories, but I eat at 630am, then I'll eat a snack around 10am and lunch at noon or 1pm. I also have the carnation instant breakfast thats in a can no sugar added one that is 150 calories, and I love those!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A couple of my go tos: Steel cut oats mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup ..... you could mix in protein powder if you like. 215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat

3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    Special K Protein Shake partially frozen mixed with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk! YUM!:drinker:
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have a hard boiled egg and a mean green. (homemade vegetable juice recipe for my juicer).
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about sugar if it's from fruit - that's the good kind!
    I usually eat a fruit OR yogurt and 2 eggs.
  • deedee303z
    Options
    Usually a granola bar and a couple of large glasses of water. That's about all I can handle at 4 am and it does typically hold me over until lunch time. Sometimes I will do a slice of toast and/or an egg. More on the weekends if DH decides to cook--but that is usually more of a combined breakfast/lunch.
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte Protein Shake
    15g Protein
    1g Sugar
    160 Calories
    2 Net Carbs
  • peggreen48
    Options
    I make a smoothie - Whey protein, blueberries, 1/2 banana, plain yogurt, ice and water or small amount of juice.
    I find I need a lot of protein to loose weight. So this helps.
    Other days I have steel cut oatmeal with honey. Sometimes I add TVP for the extra protein.
    Greek Omlet is my favorite with my husband. 3 eggs, spinach and feta cheese.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Either steel cut oats and almond milk or some sort of smoothie.