Accurate count of calories burned during Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM for 70 dollars at sport authortiy. I was coutning my calories un general dance, they were way off. I am buring 800 calories per hour. I use to only add 200 calories. No wonder I had not weight loss!
  • PhysiKcalFitness1
    Options
    thats the first semi accurate estimation of calories burnt for zumba i've seen! The bigger and fitter someone is the more you can burn. 95% of people wont burn ovver 400kcals (in most classes) i've seen some crazy suggestions too 1000+ lol Most people to between 200-400.. taller fitter more muscular people up to 600 (at a very hard class). ur on the money with that!

as a personal trainer i must commend you on 1) trying to find out how many calories 2) using dif methods (getting the heart monitor) and 3 on doing such a great job with your weight! thats two daughters who not only have a healthier mum but who will also learn from her healthy habits Great job!!! :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You can now log Zumba fitness on here - it comes out apporx 600 calories an hour. about the same as Wii Zumba 2. I've been using the calculations and having no trouble with weight loss.

But then I always use MFP estimates - I know some people say they are too high but I think they are only too high if you over-estimate how much effort you are putting in.