Need some help picking out this product

Hello, MFP world!

I am thinking about investing in a hand blender - I will be using Amazon.com to buy one.
Which one should I go with to make smoothies and soups?
So far, I am leaning toward Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick or Proctor-Silex 59738 Hand Blender.

Thanks for the help
:)

Jen

Replies

• PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    I have the Cuisinart SmartStick. Works like a charm, no problems whatsoever.

Cuisinart:
    Pro: Detachable, Powerful
    Cons: More costly, single speed

Proctor:
    Pro: 2 speeds, Inexpensive
    Con: Not detachable?
    Not sure about the power though, but assuming that it's pretty good with 2 speeds

You can always return the product on Amazon with return shipping being "deducted from the amount of your refund if the reason for your return is not the result of Amazon error."
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    I always go for a detachable "end" which I can put into the dishwasher. I don't find the speeds make much difference - I've had them with single and double speed. I'm on my third - but than includes several years of baby food pureeeing - over 25 years and I've used it for soups, houmous etc - hardly ever get out a big processor!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    I always go for a detachable "end" which I can put into the dishwasher. I don't find the speeds make much difference - I've had them with single and double speed. I'm on my third - but than includes several years of baby food pureeeing - over 25 years and I've used it for soups, houmous etc - hardly ever get out a big processor!

I totally agree with this - detachable end for cleaning and only need one speed. Mine gets used every day.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    I got a Cuisnart one for a wedding gift. Not sure about the specific model you are looking at but I love the one I have since it is coloured so it looks great and matches my kitchen and it's super easy to use and clean! The bottom detaches which makes this one much easier to clean than my older one which didn't let you detach the blade.