Too much ???

Options
I know people say if it fits your macros and calorie allotment it's ok, but I'm not sure about this. I have already had 2 tbsp of peanut butter in my protein shake and I was thinking about having 1 tbsp of almond butter on some crackers. Is this too many nut butters for one day?? Should I be concerned about too much saturated fat?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Do you do this all the time? Where are you on saturated fat totals? One more T will be fine, imho, unless you've had a ton of saturated fat today and there's lots in your almond butter.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Do you do this all the time? Where are you on saturated fat totals? One more T will be fine, imho, unless you've had a ton of saturated fat today and there's lots in your almond butter.

what is wrong with saturated fat?
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your nut butters, says I. If it fits in your calories...
    I don't know the science mumbo or the proper terms, but basically eating the 'good' fats will actually help you lose weight.
    You start cutting down all your fat, your body is gonna store whatever it can get.
    You eat plenty of it, but remember only the good fats (nuts, avocados, fish) and your body will know it has enough and it will release stored fat.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think I have to fix something on mfp cuz it doesn't tell me what my allotment for saturated fat is, but I'm still below on my fat for the day. To be honest I really don't understand the differences between fats I've just always been told that saturated fat is bad for you. :-/
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

The way I understand it, I could be wrong, is that saturated fats should be limited, that too much isn't good for you, and one should focus on unsaturated fat as their fat source. But, I don't particularly pay too much attention, personally, so I don't know specifics, but it seemd that the OP was concerned.
  • MichaelWms
    MichaelWms Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Education on fats from reputable source...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fat/NU00262
  • tracieangeletti
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Going to eat me some almond butter!!! YAY!!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt worry so much about saturated fats unless ur bloodwork isnt great. i would worry about the extra calories. the pb and alomond butter probably added 300 cals.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Education on fats from reputable source...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fat/NU00262

And here is from something even more reputable
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768013/

saturated fat is not directly associated with chronic heart disease

Its a multi hit factor.
    America is one of the countries that has increased chronic heart disease despite reduction of saturated fats
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much nut butter.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

or too much nuts
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

or too much nuts
    Matt would know.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

or too much nuts

QFT
  • tracieangeletti
    Options

or too much nuts
    Matt would know.
    :laugh:
  • tracieangeletti
    Options
    i wouldnt worry so much about saturated fats unless ur bloodwork isnt great. i would worry about the extra calories. the pb and alomond butter probably added 300 cals.

It's all good. Still got calories to spare!! :smile:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I know people say if it fits your macros and calorie allotment it's ok, but I'm not sure about this. I have already had 2 tbsp of peanut butter in my protein shake and I was thinking about having 1 tbsp of almond butter on some crackers. Is this too many nut butters for one day?? Should I be concerned about too much saturated fat?

heh heh... nut butter...

you can never get too much of that! Just ask my wife.
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Truth.
  • sue2328
    sue2328 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

The way I understand it, I could be wrong, is that saturated fats should be limited, that too much isn't good for you, and one should focus on unsaturated fat as their fat source. But, I don't particularly pay too much attention, personally, so I don't know specifics, but it seemd that the OP was concerned.

i have just increase my saturated fat consumption - My blood pressure is down, cholesterol levels are down and I have lost weight.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Only bad fat is trans fat. You're fine. Eat and enjoy.