Compartment Syndrome advice?

Options
After quite a while of what has basically been a guessing game, my doctor did the pressure test and confirmed that I have exercise induced compartment syndrome. He said "15" is considered a high pressure, and mine (at rest) was 31 and 28.

He suggested surgery if I want to continue running and that physical therapy probably won't help. I guess i just want to hear other people's opinions and experiences before I commit to it.

How well did you heal? Are you able to run again? Are all symptoms gone?

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    After quite a while of what has basically been a guessing game, my doctor did the pressure test and confirmed that I have exercise induced compartment syndrome. He said "15" is considered a high pressure, and mine (at rest) was 31 and 28.

He suggested surgery if I want to continue running and that physical therapy probably won't help. I guess i just want to hear other people's opinions and experiences before I commit to it.

How well did you heal? Are you able to run again? Are all symptoms gone?

I have no idea what this is but bumps for answers and hope you heal up right
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Compartment syndrome is very serious. Discuss the benefits and risks of the surgery with your doctor. I personally suggest having the surgery since compartment syndrome can potentially lead to nerve damage among other things. Good luck.