All Day...Everyday....FOOD

Options
rcatr
rcatr Posts: 374 Member
Guys. It's on my brain all the time. I can't stop thinking about it. When is my next snack? What am I going to have for my next meal? Is it going to be enough or too much calories? I feel like I'm going insane!

Insanity.

Replies

• jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY there...my wife gets annoyed when I whip out my iPhone at the dinner table as soon as the table is cleared and add in my food...but the obsession now is paying off in the pounds coming off...I hope to someday have the habits so ingrained that I don't have to constantly fret over my calories, but for now, it keeps me aware and the pounds are coming off...don't give up on your goals while your behavior is changing...we will get to a point where it doesn't have to consume us as we consume... :)
  • Sally_92
    Sally_92 Posts: 17
    Options
    urgh I'm the exact same! I'm obsessed, not a healthy or intersting quality to carry!

:ohwell:
  • mamoore83
    mamoore83 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know what you mean I can't stop thinking about food and what I can and can't eat. Trying to stay under this goal and if I can snack, or what type and most stuff that's healthy is usually not as satisfying as the stuff I want. Insanity is a good word for it that's excatly how I feel. Sorry I couldn't help, this is my first reply to a post but it's excatly how I'm feeling I couldn't help but reply. If you find something that helps keep posting :-). Good luck
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Same here.. Every bite I take of anything I think about what the nutritional value is and if it is worth it. For now it is a help but I never thought about food constantly before, just ate. But that is what got me into this fix in the first place. It will so be worth it in the long run.
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am TOTALLY there...my wife gets annoyed when I whip out my iPhone at the dinner table as soon as the table is cleared and add in my food...but the obsession now is paying off in the pounds coming off...I hope to someday have the habits so ingrained that I don't have to constantly fret over my calories, but for now, it keeps me aware and the pounds are coming off...don't give up on your goals while your behavior is changing...we will get to a point where it doesn't have to consume us as we consume... :)

Ditto! I am obsessed with my iPhone anyway so it really gets on my spouse's nerves! :laugh: It is paying off though for sure.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I know the feeling.. it's so bad, I told my hubby that my next phone will be an iPhone... even if I have to switch carriers, LOL. But, I'm hoping the rumors about Verizon carrying the new iPhone are true... then I'd get to stick with them. I'm not due for an upgrade til Sept anyways on my phone... I really want to be able to track my calories anytime I want to, rather than hoping I don't forget something between computer times. LOL
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a chronic I-phone updater haha...the annoying part for my bf is that it's HIS phone b/c I'm on verizon :)
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    You are definitly not alone!!!! I'm constantly on my laptop, and b/c I was recently laid off, this has become my new "job". Eventually, we'll know what is what and won't be so obsessive about calories in/out b/c this is a great tool for learning what is good for our bodies. It helps to know others feel the same way. My hubby thinks I'm crazy (but he's loving the results), but I don't think I'd be so dilligent w/out this site at this time in my life.

Good luck!! :bigsmile:
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this- so much so in fact that I'm questioning if I'm developing disorder eating.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly on my laptop, and b/c I was recently laid off, this has become my new "job".

I was laid off myself 3 months ago. I am just now getting on the bandwagon using this site. I had tried other diets, even a liquid one and I could do nothing but think about food. I think its pretty normal to obsess about food until it becomes automatic to us what to eat and what not to eat and how much. Don't worry! and don't stress about it!
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I wish I was obsessed with tracking the food. I am just always thinking of food. Its a horrible way to live life :( always thinking when where and what will I eat next. I am trying to keep in mind to, eat to live, not live to eat. This is sooo hard for me, food is my drug of choice. I am good to plan my days but when it comes down to it if its infront of me without even thinking about it, I put it in my mouth. I am trying to learn self control but there are times I will say dont eat this as im putting it in my mouth. I have asked friends and family to help me. I am at a loss and it gets worse with stress and Im always stressed. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I just want to scream. Any suggested would be greatly appeciated. I wish there was foods anamous around cuz I just dont have time or money for weight watchers.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i both obsessively track and obsessively think. about what i'm going to eat and what i'd really love to be eating and why the hell can't i eat like so and so and blah blah blah it goes on and on.