that's it. i'm done.

Options

Replies

• aleshyx
    aleshyx Posts: 16
    Options
    I have never understood the nutella madness. I'll take PB any day. I must be a non responder.

I love PB, but since my boyfriend is highly allergic to peanuts I've started to love Nutella as a substitute.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have never understood the nutella madness. I'll take PB any day. I must be a non responder.
    just a couple months ago, i started really loving it. i've eaten a whole jar within 3 weeks.
    GAH. this madness needs to stop.

3 weeks? Man, I have that s*** gone within 2 days!
    i can (and have in the past) managed 2 jars in less than 6 hours, together with other easy to digest food.
    thankfully don't really suffer for cravings for the stuff though, otherwise we really would have a problem!

hahah, no doubt. 3 weeks is a LONG time for a jar of nutella. Now 2 jars in less than 6 hours? That's crazy.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Purchased one of those little ones with the sticks. Knew I could never buy it again when I stopped myself from licking out the container. Was like frosting to me.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options

^^^ this
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Chocolate PB2

http://www.bellplantation.com/products/4-pack-chocolate-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter.html

Peanuts, not hazelnuts, and not nearly as rich an creamy but satisfying nonetheless. And it's 45 calories per 2 tbsp.

Thank-you for the awsome substitution!:flowerforyou:
  • shadowflute
    shadowflute Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I make PB/Nutella sandwiches. They rock.

I thought I was the only one! That's one of my go-to breakfasts :smile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I will probably be flamed for this, but I have NEVER tried Nutella. I am afraid to...
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

I love PB, but since my boyfriend is highly allergic to peanuts I've started to love Nutella as a substitute.

image006.jpg

You're welcome.

It's "peanut butter" made for people with peanut allergies. It's made from sunflower seeds and produced in a completely peanut free environment. Tastes really like real peanut butter and you can get in health food stores or really big supermarkets.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

I love nutella! The only way I'll eat peanut butter is in small amount mixed with nutella.

A jar of nutella will last about a month.....a jar of PB will last about 6 months and then I won't buy it again for a year or so!

Nutella > PB
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I got over any nutella cravings by watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

Never wanted it again, LOL.

it's seriously bugging me that he left the jar dirty.. when I finish off a jar it's gotta be scraped CLEAN! Also, he ate it WAY too fast. How do you even enjoy the taste when you're shovelling it down that quickly??? Either way, that was crazy. NOt sure it turned me off of nutella though LOL
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    then you should never try the Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie spread. OMG that stuff puts Nutella to shame, and I lived in Belgium so I know Nutella up close and personal :)

Speculoos is amazing!!! I cant stand PB, and I can resist Nutella, but the only thing to be better than Speculoos is Marmite. And look at the lack of calories on Marmite. Mmmmmm! (until of course you spread it on cheddar!)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Me too - I've had Nutella but I think it's just ok. GIve me a jar of JIF though and I'm a happy girl!!

I'm in agreement...its just meh.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter. Now I buy the single serving packets of the same stuff to make sure I can't grab a spoon and go to town on half a jar. :) I wonder if they make single serving packets for nutella??
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Here I was thinking about trying Nutella, but now I don't think I will if it's that good!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Dark chocolate melted into greek yogurt. Especially on fruit.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If you still want to have Nutella but are worried about uncontrolled gorging then why not try the single serve packets?

http://www.amazon.com/Individual-Nutella-Single-Weight-ounces/dp/B000QCOALC
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I gave it up too. Can't have it in the house. I bought one day and ate the entire jar that day
    that was before MFP. Oh, and I didn't get sick either.:sad:
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Me, either! Especially having read the nutrition info/ingredient list on Nutella. Ugh!

Ha ha, you can't call it "nutritional information" when there's no nutrition in it!:wink:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, tahini (sesame seed butter), almond butter, Nutella and clones of Nutella, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter...all at high risk when my control is down. Not just a few spoons full either. Don't know what it is about nuts and seeds and their butters. They are just AWESOME.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Me, either! Especially having read the nutrition info/ingredient list on Nutella. Ugh!

Ha ha, you can't call it "nutritional information" when there's no nutrition in it!:wink:

Right? Junk in a jar, which is probably why everyone thinks it tastes so good. But seriously, NO nutritional value whatsoever, and first two ingredients are sugar and palm oil. I laugh at the commercials showing the mom spreading it on toast as a healthy breakfast option for her kids....I'm like "really? who are they trying to kid?"