Who watched the finale of Spartacus War of the Damned?

Options
krhn
krhn Posts: 781 Member
Watched it last week... Extremely emotionally ending - I was close to crying (mind you the most recent show that ever made me cry to date was Smallville and that was a few years back)...

No show is going to really match this - game of thrones may have a chance!

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I did, I was hoping Gannicus escaped and it would be a spin off series.
  • krhn
    Options

Yeah it would have been fun to have a sequel/spin off of some sort...
    Bit weird that Aggron was the only survivor of the 'brothers'... Highly doubtful many accepted gay relationships then xD

Spartacus' ending was quite amazing the way he went out, though he won that duel with Crassus ...stupid back stabbing soldiers. (I didnt want him to die even though he does so historically :noway: :sad:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    DIDN'T READ.

I'm 4 episodes behind.
  • aleshyx
    aleshyx Posts: 16
    Options
    I did! I'm not going to lie I cried like a baby. I don't think I've ever seen a show that I was this emotionally involved with. Even though I knew how it was going to end I was still shocked and yelling at my tv the entire time.

What if the director continued on and did a show about Caesar? Does anyone else think that would be interesting?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Yeah it would have been fun to have a sequel/spin off of some sort...
    Bit weird that Aggron was the only survivor of the 'brothers'... Highly doubtful many accepted gay relationships then xD

Spartacus' ending was quite amazing the way he went out, though he won that duel with Crassus ...stupid back stabbing soldiers. (I didnt want him to die even though he does so historically :noway: :sad:

Well I have a theory on that, but I dont want to get my 3rd strike.
  • krhn
    Options
    DIDN'T READ.

I'm 4 episodes behind.

Stop reading cause it will spoil it!
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    it was a sad ending i didnt expect to see Kora up on the cross and mad gannicus didnt make it out of there.

if you havent seen Rome that was on HBO, thats another good show if you like Spartacus, its only 2 seasons since it didnt get renewed but its good

i also enjoyed the credits and having Andy yell 'I AM SPARTACUS"
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I did...and was glad to see Oenomaus welcome Gannicus toward the end.
  • whyntme
    whyntme Posts: 27
    Options
    I did GREATEST SHOW EVER!!! I agree a Caesar spin off would be good.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    DIDN'T READ.

I'm 4 episodes behind.

tumblr_mgsi7ui0cj1rj89zro1_400.gif
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Gannicus-drinkmerry.gif

Effin LOVED this series! Bummed that it's over, but glad that I can finally get rid of Starz now since that was the only thing on it worth watching. Wanted so bad to start a thread for your favorite lines from this series, but it would be too full of swear words .. lmao. Batiatus had some of the best lines and are the ones that stuck in my mind ... of course, I have a very warped mind!
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Loved that as well!
  • aleshyx
    Options
    it was a sad ending i didnt expect to see Kora up on the cross and mad gannicus didnt make it out of there.

if you havent seen Rome that was on HBO, thats another good show if you like Spartacus, its only 2 seasons since it didnt get renewed but its good

I was surprised to see Kora up there too! I din not expect to see that.

I was more mad about the fact that Crasses didn't get killed. I would have been perfectly happy with the way everything else played out, but he deserved to die!
  • krhn
    Options

What if the director continued on and did a show about Caesar? Does anyone else think that would be interesting?

I think it would very hard to make viewers watch Caesar or Crassus in their spin offs because they are hated quite a lot in Spartacus ...

Would be more interesting to have Laeta bear a real child of Spartacus for him to continue his legacy!
  • krhn
    Options
    DIDN'T READ.

I'm 4 episodes behind.

tumblr_mgsi7ui0cj1rj89zro1_400.gif

:bigsmile:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I think it would very hard to make viewers watch Caesar or Crassus in their spin offs because they are hated quite a lot in Spartacus ...

Would be more interesting to have Laeta bear a real child of Spartacus for him to continue his legacy!

If the same producers were behind it, I'm sure they could pull it off. That's what made Spartacus so epic, the fact that at certain times, you were actually rooting for some of the evil characters to win out against ever more evil characters. Batiatus is one of my favorite characters and got what he deserved, but when that sneaky *kitten* got the upper hand I loved it. And in the prequel, how could you not root for him?

Hell, the Legatus is the *kitten* that started it all but when he got to get even with his father in law it was one of my favorite moments.

GOD DAMN that how was good. Finale was perfect too
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

That's what I was expecting. When he yelled I thought he was going to somehow pop off the cross
  • aleshyx
    Options

That's what I was expecting. When he yelled I thought he was going to somehow pop off the cross

I thought he was going to be a bad *kitten* and rip himself off the cross and take out as many Romans as he could before they just killed him. But I guess that was just unrealistic wishful thinking.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Gannicus-drinkmerry.gif

Yes...

More of this!!
  • aleshyx
    Options

If the same producers were behind it, I'm sure they could pull it off. That's what made Spartacus so epic, the fact that at certain times, you were actually rooting for some of the evil characters to win out against ever more evil characters. Batiatus is one of my favorite characters and got what he deserved, but when that sneaky *kitten* got the upper hand I loved it. And in the prequel, how could you not root for him?

Hell, the Legatus is the *kitten* that started it all but when he got to get even with his father in law it was one of my favorite moments.

GOD DAMN that how was good. Finale was perfect too

That's what I was talking about. Sure we all hate Caesar right now, but I hate Pompeii even more! I want to actually see what all Caesar has to do and go through to become the leader of Rome that only these producers can show us!