I'm pretty sure I was just mocked in public for being fat

Options
2»

Replies

• IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Damn hooligans lurking outside the library, where I just dropped off a book and grabbed a cup of coffee yelled out at me on my return to my car , jeering at my "wiggle" , or "wubbah wubbah'. Horrible sounds signifying a large person. I did find it frustrating for a plethora of reasons, least of which was the actual heart break of being poked fun at for weight. I mean, I'm 36 years old... one would have thought that would not be a worry. Really tho' - while I do recognize that I am overweight, I also know I'm not morbidly obese (not that a morbidly obese person should ever be heckeled either) so I found it quite confounding to feel like I was back in high school... which ironically was the last place I was heckled for weight, and in high school I was not by any means fat. Tho' I believed I was... because of the hooligans that said I was. Now I AM in fact overweight, but not so overweight that I would ever think that someone would feel compelled to make noises implying that I was. One overwhelming thought resonated as I climbed back into my car, my heartbreak is that 4 years ago I was fit, thin, healthy, and not to toot my own horn (but I will) those same hooligans would have been hooting alright, but to try to get my number, not to make me feel like "Ten Ton Tess". It does make me so much more sad that I gained in the first place. I guess I also was just surprised that people still are calling "fat" people names, or making sounds or whatever..... if something like 60% of the people are overweight then that's the majority, how is it still happening to mock an overweight person. I'm in a pretty bad mood.

Well let's see here... if you were very thin you might have been mocked for being a "toothpick" or if you happen to be very old and moving slow you might have been mocked for being an "old fart" and so on and so on... It seems to me that people will mock you regardless of your condition so why even give it that much thought?

Look, if this helps any; why not save that anger, that rage at being taunted and use it to fuel your next workout or bring it back to memory when a temptation awaits you, summoning you to bail on your diet plan? Funnel your feelings into something positive and let the rage of a thousand burning suns carve your path to greatness!