"Forget this" day to motivation

Options
daynation
daynation Posts: 32 Member
You ever have a "forget this" day (day you are done and about ready to quit) that turns into a highly motivating day?

I had one of those days yesterday. My scale jumped four pounds, I was tired of counting calories, and was getting tired of all this work....

After I stepped off the scale I put on a pair of jeans that I had not worn in a while (all the rest of the jeans were in the wash). Normally, there is a muffin top. To my surprise, there was no muffin top, and at the same moment my husband came up behind me and said, "You are looking so good. Thank you for doing this for the family."

I suddenly got remodivated, realized how far I came. It is always a balance between being proud about what you have done and fearful of how far you still have to go, but sometimes it is just about enjoying the moment and the battle.

Have you ever gone from discouraged to motivated?

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You just had a helluva non-scale victory! Glad you aren't giving up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!