Mealtrain... What do I make??

Options
I signed up to make dinner for a family that is in need of assistance (Dad just had a bad stroke) and I'm at a loss on what to make them for dinner.

Mom is a vegetarian, Dad and the girls are not. I want to make something fun that they all can enjoy. Not two separate meals.

Can you help me with a fun, kid friendly, vegetarian dish or a fun, kid friendly dish that I can easily take meat out of for a portion?

Thank you so much!

:heart: Kendra

P.S. Prayers, chants, wishes are all welcome to help the family and Dad out.

Replies

• TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Veggie lasagna? DD makes this version which is really yummy. The mushrooms satisfy my carnivore husband.
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/spinach-and-mushroom-veggie-lasagna

Since Mom is a vegetarian the kids are likely used to bean dishes. A bean or grain based soup will satisfy and can be frozen for later use, if they have leftovers.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    How about something like fajitas? You could grill up lots of veggies and a protein (chicken, beef), and include all the fixings like sour cream, shredded lettuce, cheese. and tortillas. Assuming mom is a vegetarian and not a vegan, she could make a veggie fajita while the rest of the family adds meat to theirs.....?

ETA: Probably best to grill the protein separately though, for mom's sake.
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I second the lasagna.

You could also make a quiche with veggies and cheese. Macaroni and Cheese is another option. Vegetarian chili.