Snack Ideas

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

I try my best to eat as 'Clean' as possible too if that helps.

i love how people post those 100 calorie packs. have you read what is in some of those? yikes! same with sugar free foods mentioned that have chemicals in the aritificial sweeteners used.
    :grumble:
  • jenatkinson14
    jenatkinson14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate chex cereal. But also I make puffed rice cereal balls and from what I can find they are only about 60 calories each. You make them like rice crispie treats (maybe you already know) melt a bag of marshmallows with a little butter and pour over about 6-7 cups cereal, mix and shape into balls (wet hands so it doesn't stick). Yummy for not many calories. Hope this helps.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    those frozen grapes with lime and cherry jello sound good! I want!!
  • GlyndaTheGoodWitch
    GlyndaTheGoodWitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you really, really, really need chocolate, and nothing else will do: take 30 little chocolate chips and put them in a little sauce dish. Eat them slowly. They are remarkable satisfying, and only 70 calories (4 grams fat). You feel like you're cheating, but you're not.

P.S. I use Costco/Kirkland chocolate chips.
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like to slice strawberries, apples, and bananas. Add grapes and nonfat yogurt. Tastes just like what they have at Jason's Deli. I also like the smart one desserts. Brownie sundae 140 calories...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I like....
    Almonds
    Plain fat free greek yogurt with strawberries or blueberries
    Cottage Cheese
    90% chocolate
    Individual wrapped servings of cheese
    Quest bars (my new favorite)
    Vegetables dipped in hummus
    Apple with natural peanut butter
    Celery with natural peanut butter
    Celery with cream cheese
  • koberna
    koberna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    have you gone on skinnytaste.com? So many good recipes with all the info.have made quite a few of theirs and all were good! Also Cooking Light has a recipe for Choc-Banana bread that is heavenly.
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome, thank you for all the suggestions!

I do eat veggies with hummus (a fav) but it's usually an afternoon snack at the office and adding the almonds to my greek yogurt is something I've done before and I love. You can also never go wrong with popcorn!!
    I do enjoy the Fibre 1 bars - a little too much and I honestly can't eat just 1, so that's one of those "trigger foods" I just don't bring into the house anymore. I was just talking to my co-worker/workout buddy today about kale chips too, so I'm excited to try that :happy:

Again, thank you so much - you've all given me so many great options! I especially love the ideas of freezing the fruit and making my own "ice cream" or smoothie options, and warming up an apple and sprinkling some cinnamon - yummy!! They're all great, thanks again everyone!

Now to go back and re-read what you all said and start writing all these ideas down! :laugh:
  • anewme1202
    Options
    No I haven't, I'll check it out - thank you.
  • anewme1202
    Options
    I add a little sugar free chocolate pudding mix in with my raspberries and greek yogurt. It's heavenly.

Sounds heavenly!!
  • anewme1202
    Options
    have you gone on skinnytaste.com? So many good recipes with all the info.have made quite a few of theirs and all were good! Also Cooking Light has a recipe for Choc-Banana bread that is heavenly.

No I haven't, I'll have to check it out - thank you!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i backup skinnytaste.com as well, i use a lot of her recipes for dinners. she has a lot of awesome desserts on there too, and all the photos look good enough to eat!
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

chocolate banana bread....yum! thanks for the website!
  • KathrynNicole86
    Options
    Black Sapote is a fruit also known as "Chocolate Pudding fruit" because it tastes EXACTLY like chocolate pudding!!!

Also, slice bananas....pop them in the freezer for about 30-45 mins....and munch away. It's better than ice cream!!!

Semi frozen orange slices are another one of my favorites.
  • anewme1202
    Options
    Black Sapote is a fruit also known as "Chocolate Pudding fruit" because it tastes EXACTLY like chocolate pudding!!!

Also, slice bananas....pop them in the freezer for about 30-45 mins....and munch away. It's better than ice cream!!!

Thanks so much. Love the idea of freezing the fruit, I always forget about that.
    Dumb question, the Black Sapote?? Where do I find that, I don't think I've ever seen it in my grocery store (or maybe I just walked by it! lol)
  • KathrynNicole86
    Options

Thanks so much. Love the idea of freezing the fruit, I always forget about that.
    Dumb question, the Black Sapote?? Where do I find that, I don't think I've ever seen it in my grocery store (or maybe I just walked by it! lol)

Well I have only had it a couple of times from a friend who specially ordered it from Dade County, FL. I believe it's originally from Australia...and I just looked at prices for ordering (when it's IN season) and HOLY COW. It's ridiculously expensive. A 10 lb box is $95. Not including shipping. So unless you have a differing financial situation from mine LOL, I'd stick with the frozen fruits!

But hey! If you can afford it...maybe it could be a once in a blue moon type treat! I bet they freeze and keep well.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nature valley bars
    Rice/corn cakes with hummus
    Oatcakes(plain) with peanut butter/hummus
    Oatcakes(mixed berries)
    Jelly
    Soya dessert (vanilla /chocolate/toffee)
    Popcorn
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    1 or 1/2 Tb of Nutella mixed with plain greek yogurt.

or peanut butter for less carbs or whatever but nutella is better :)
  • LucijaJadera
    LucijaJadera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    find some cereals with no added sugar :) something like knusperli probody
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    You can add a small amount of cocoa powder to your yogurt, dip fruit in it and freeze it. Make banana "icecream" Chop up an over ripe banana, freeze. Puree until creamy in a blender/food processor and eat! If you want you can add extracts for flavor, or add cocoa powder to make chocolate, or add a tablespoon of your favorite nut or seed butter and have cpeanut butter chocolate ice cream!