just starting, and climbing the stairs

momma2five
momma2five Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
ok so i just went to climb my stairs for 10 minutes! hahahah i was tired 30 seconds in so i did 1 minute, i didnt realize it was this hard, im going to go back and do 1 minute intervals 10 times! sound good
?

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Great Plan!! Got to slowly move your way up... Do that for a week.. than move up to 1.5 min for 5 times for a week.. than 2 minutes ... etc..

than before you know it you will be at 10 mins for one time!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    I used to live on the 11th floor of my appartment building and I would run a few floors up, and some down, and then back up to the top, and then down a few more than before. After i was done almost dying, I would head to the pool and jump in! This was followed by the hot tub and sleep. It's fantastic exercise and gets easier and easier every time you do it, so keep it up, you are doing a great thing!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    sounds really good, taking baby steps in to working out will lean to the big stepping. If you can buy a meter that counts steps and miles, got mine at walmart I think it was $6. I keep striving for more steps each day 10,000 steps = 1 mile. Great start :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.