Umm.. Thanks?

Options
bonitacash08
bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
The boyfriend said I looked great 10 lbs ago..

:indifferent:
Wth

Replies

• rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You should've immediately replied with "Thanks, you were more attractive 30 seconds ago."

People suck sometimes. I'm sorry.
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    LAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. Don't listen to jerk-faces like that.
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    He sounds insecure. Move on to someone who wants the best for you.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Could he have meant to say, "You began looking great ten pounds ago."? Being a guy I sometimes slip up and don't say exactly what I mean.
  • missshadowlovely
    missshadowlovely Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Wth

Does he mean that you looked great BEFORE you lost the extra 10 lbs?
    Because I think @Mattschwartz0 might be right. Sounds like he might have meant well, but just said it wrong.

My boyfriend tells me all the time that I don't need to lose weight and that I look amazing the way I am.
    If taken wrong it can sound like he DOESN'T want me to lose weight; but I think he's just trying to boost my morale. :)
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Now THAT'S the best SUCCESS STORY I have read in a long time.:tongue:
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Could he have meant to say, "You began looking great ten pounds ago."? Being a guy I sometimes slip up and don't say exactly what I mean.

This! My partner says stuff like this a lot. He doesn't mean it as a negative thing, and when I bring it up to him he doesn't even realize it could be taken any other way than how he meant it.
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Yeah he definitely meant I looked great at 170 and my current weight is 160.. Lol but sometimes I think he doesn't realize how hard each pound is to lose..

I think he's scared I'm gonna lose my bodacious booty.. Lol
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    Yeah he definitely meant I looked great at 170 and my current weight is 160.. Lol but sometimes I think he doesn't realize how hard each pound is to lose..

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Do heavy squats, you'll keep the junk in your trunk! I'm at 127, and, if I do say so myself (and my husband agrees) my booty is pretty rockin'! I completely credit heavy squats!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Wth

Were you talking about how much you have to lose or downing yourself at the time? He may have just been trying to say he thinks you're gorgeous no matter what.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Wth

He might have meant, that's when you started looking great, and you've looked great ever since. It would depend how he said it, tho. You were there. We weren't.
  • Lilianam881
    Options

Do heavy squats, you'll keep the junk in your trunk! I'm at 127, and, if I do say so myself (and my husband agrees) my booty is pretty rockin'! I completely credit heavy squats!

I agree squats are great for the booty. i'm at 164 and trying to get into the 150's One thing I'm scared of is losing too much booty and boobies lol ....My ex used to say dumb stuff like that all the time. Keep going girl and try not to let the little stuff/comments get in the way or discourage you. Guys dont even realize what they say can be taken the wrong way.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    In defence of the fella, it could be he was telling you that for the last 10 pounds, you've looked great to him. From 10 pounds til today.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    You should've immediately replied with "Thanks, you were more attractive 30 seconds ago."

Yes!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Could possibly be he likes fat girls. Whats wrong with that?
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options

People suck sometimes. I'm sorry.

Agreed.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I always tell my wife -

If a man says something that could be taken two ways, and one of them upsets you, he meant the other one.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oiii my child's father says crap like this sometimes. I always assume he means it as a compliment and he doesn't understand why that'd be offensive.
    I send him this picture a lot in this type of situation:

tumblr_mg3zf1s62z1qga2t4o1_500.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!