What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My weight was making me feel disabled. I didn't want to be a shut in as I aged. I didn't want to fear falling or feel like I'd hurt myself getting on and off the bus or to and from my seat in the arena. I wanted to be able to stand and cheer when my team scores. I want to travel when I retire. It was past time. And it's been awesome so far. I feel so much better and am so much freer.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have already lost the weight that made me feel gross, the extra lb I gained when I was working at a stressful job. But now I'm back where I've been since my teens...my "usual" weight, and with a new hot boyfriend and becoming pescetarian, I feel like now is the time to step it up a notch and actually get slimmer, fitter than my lifelong "usual weight". To see what I can do to improve my fitness and looks.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    For guys.... and just because I want to be skinnnnnnnay!
  • cricketclaire
    cricketclaire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To not be afraid to look at photos of myself, and to actually feel as beautiful as my boyfriend already says I am.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    To feel good about how I look! Totally selfish, when I look good I can do anything. Ok feeling good, having energy and stamina is nice too. Got have energy to rock the new body!
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Because my jeans weren't fitting me anymore, and I caught myself eating a foot long chili cheese coney/tots/cherry limeade while watching the biggest loser.
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Because I am absolutely sick of seeing myself. And I am getting married next year.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Better sex.

And to not be completely and extremely noticeably winded after climbing just one flight of stairs.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good in and OUT of clothes...i want to be able to wear anything and feel amazing in it and know that i look good....i want to set a good example for my daughters and for anyone else i know who struggles with weight...i want to inspire others and to let them know that they CAN do this!...i want to prove all those negative people that i CAN lose this weight and eventually i WILL be looking better than them!! Most importantly I want to be healthy!!
  • debcollege
    debcollege Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to be around for my kids and grandkids someday. Mostly I want to do this for me. This is my journey. I deserve this!
  • debcollege
    debcollege Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be proud you are doing this for you and you're family. As women we put ourselves last. We have got to stop feeling guilty about doing things for us!
  • iDYG
    iDYG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To be healthier, fit and have a more active lifestyle instead of sitting at home the whole day and watching shows.
    And to fit into more styles in clothes.
  • fatsovonfattington
    fatsovonfattington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't want to die young and I want to attract a mate. I want whomever I'm with to not be embarrassed to be seen with me, and I want folks to give me the chance to prove my worth.

Also to look like Dwayne Johnson.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    No idea to be honest.