messed up labels

Options
So I met my macros perfectly but my calories were off so in started searching why that would be. One of the things I read said that some labels round the calories by just a few. So I added up what the calories for the bread I always eat based off the macros and its 15 calories more per slice than what the label says!!! Now I eat a lot of bread throughout the day so it makes a huge difference calorie wise for me. I'm wondering opinions on what I should go by. Do I need to start figuring out calories myself on everything based off the macros or go by whatever the label says the calories are. Do you think they round their macros? Sometimes I just hate all of this. Now its stressing me out :-(

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was just going to ask about this too. According to my macros my intake so far today is 2445 but according to the database it is only 2010. When I was trying to lose weight this never really mattered because I had enough deficit to still lose but now I am trying to gain in a controlled fashion and a 400 calorie discrepancy could make a significant difference in that process.
  • jlove1989
    Options
    Now I feel like I have to calculate EVERYTHING myself. Now that I know how off the calories are on the things I eat everyday, I've been going over like crazy!!