Ideas for healthy cheat foods

Options

Replies

• athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    You can slice bananas and put peanut butter or other nut or seed butter between the slices, dip in chocolate and freeze. Or dip in plain greek yogurt mixed with a bit of cocoa powder. Dip a whole banana in chocolate and roll in rice crispies or nuts and freeze. Make banana "ice cream" chop up an over ripe banana, freeze. Puree until creamy in blender/food processor. Add melted chocolate, vanilla extract, spoonful of pb if desired.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Emerald Dark Chocolate Roasted Almonds. Good lord they're delicious.

INDEED. Love these.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    3 ingredient oatmeal cookies

1 cup of oatmeal (quick cook or old fashioned)
    2 mashed bananas
    Any mix in you want. Try a couple small servings of chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or just drizzle them with melted Nutella if you want a chocolatey taste.

You control the calories, but it's amazingly low cal if you try!
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like a little sweet after dinner, these have been satisfying for me but not binge-worthy:

Sliced banana with a drizzle of honey and a few sprinkles of cinnamon
    Small handful of yogurt raisins
    A couple chocolate covered pretzels
    One cinnamon graham cracker
    Half of a plain graham cracker and four small squares of very dark chocolate
    Half cup of cottage cheese and fresh pineapple
    Small granola bar or Kind bar
  • JohnLSinclair
    JohnLSinclair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! I just made these tonight. The recipe makes 5 servings.

Macros per cup:
    Calories: 184 | Carbs: 7 | Fats: 10 | Protein: 19

Ingredients:
    3 scoops protein powder
    3 tablespoons Truvia
    3 tablespoons sugar free chocolate syrup
    and 1 tablespoon peanut butter per cup

Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
    http://youtu.be/K6VKuCk8kCQ

I recommend either MTS Machine whey or Optimum Nutrition whey. I can't find Walden Farms syrup, so I just got the Walmart sugar free version. Pro tip, if you use disposable muffin tins don't use the inner paper, just the tin one. Better yet, use silocon muffin holders.

Enjoy!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    shredded coconut, chocolate chips/cocoa powder, + rolled oats YUM!

black bean brownies would also work, puree black beans\
    they can be canned, just use the unseasoned you don't want your
    brownies tasting like cumin
    then add to brownie box mix, or make from scratch as usual.
    many recipes say you can just put the beans plus the mix, and that's it
    i made these brownies once, my kids couldn't tell. at all.
    i even told them, and they still couldn't tell.

oh she glows has some great vegan chocolate desserts
    including some energy bars
    not saying vegan is always healthy
    but hers tend to be less cals too
  • Cacophony1
    Cacophony1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Like someone above said... Skinny Cow " ( SC) chocolate" bars or clusters are some delish "chocolate "tricks" ...oops... I meant.." treats"..lol..are pretty tasty...they also have a dark chocolate "trick/treat"... You can find Skinny Cow products at a local Target ( but UGH, they usually have them in the "real candy" section... I don't like ice cream but some of my friends "swear" by SC Ice creams...)

My Fav Skinny Cow (SC) are the peanut butter/chocalate bars ( taste like Kit Kats with a Reese cup twang to it..lol) and I love the chocalate clusters... I put mine in the freezer...

Most of the "candies" are about 100 calories per whichever one you pick...Good Luck...
  • Gimmeafrappuccino
    Gimmeafrappuccino Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my thing right now is two whole grain eggo waffles and sugar free maple syrup for a grand total of 200 calories
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am needing some ideas for a sugary/chocolate fix. I don't want to ruin my diet because I have been doing so good lately but I am human and get the craving for some treat every now and then. What do you go to when you get the craving for chocolate or goodies that are not on the plan?
    Saw this while eating desert: A few nuts with just a little honey, and some cinnamon. Just be careful with the nuts because they are calorie dense and honey is basically sugar. For chocolate you could use unsweetened cocoa powder which I've also done.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Its a cheat for a reason. But i satisfy my sweet tooth with greek yogurt and granola.

me too except i put strawberries and brown sugar on mine.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i love skinny cow icecream, but if you are picky about your ice cream and it has to be the real thing, then this probably won't satisfy your craving. there are tons of great recipes for making your own ice cream though chocolate covered katie has at least 10
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    healthy cheat is the best oxymoron
  • nccamilleri
    Options
    Whenever I need a quick chocolate fix I usually have a cliff bar. They're a little high in calories, about 200, but they are an energy bar that is organic and gmo free plus they taste delicious! They also give me great energy and keep me full for about an hour or two and I usually have a cliff bar and it gets my through my workout excellently. They have great flavors like coconut chocolate chip and oatmeal walnut raisin and white macadamia chocolate that all taste like cookies!
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I want something sweet, I like to have a protein bar like a clif bar or a luna bar. They're kind of like healthier candy bars. Or I make a healthy milkshake with unsweetened almond milk, a banana, a little peanut butter, and some stevia. I don't think any of these things are unhealthy enough to be considered "cheat" items, though.
  • TamaBrett
    TamaBrett Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder is fairly low calorie, 25 calorie for two tablespoons, you can add that to things you like, eg a milkshake with low fat milk, yoghurt etc. Note that a lot of cocoa powder has additives, I'm talking about pure cocoa powder.

I recently realised how easy it is to make chocolate syrup, just water, cocoa and sugar and simmer for a couple of minutes over a low heat. Yes that has sugar in it but you know exactly how much and there's nothing else, you can drizzle that over anything, fruit, oatmeal, cookies etc. You could of course use artificial sweeteners.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Psssst.

If you cant have stuff you love, then its not a diet thats maintainable. Diet to be healthy, to start yourself off on a good foot, enjoy the things you love within moderation. IF you want some chocolate, budget it in your calories.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bump..hmmmm
    Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! I just made these tonight. The recipe makes 5 servings.

Macros per cup:
    Calories: 184 | Carbs: 7 | Fats: 10 | Protein: 19

Ingredients:
    3 scoops protein powder
    3 tablespoons Truvia
    3 tablespoons sugar free chocolate syrup
    and 1 tablespoon peanut butter per cup

Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
    http://youtu.be/K6VKuCk8kCQ

I recommend either MTS Machine whey or Optimum Nutrition whey. I can't find Walden Farms syrup, so I just got the Walmart sugar free version. Pro tip, if you use disposable muffin tins don't use the inner paper, just the tin one. Better yet, use silocon muffin holders.

Enjoy!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i'm in love with these special k bars.. i believe they are chocolate covered pretzel. yumm.
  • kimraluna
    Options
    I love this website!! Tons of healthier versions of desserts: www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • thomcand
    thomcand Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great ideas! I am excited to try the new shakes and protein peanut butter cups!!! Keep them coming!