Suddenly Starving, Weight Loss Stalled...

Options
luticiaf
luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
I've been tracking since the beginning of the month, and up until this week had been averaging in the black, and had lost 6 lbs. This week all the sudden I'm starving! And I gained back 3 lbs since Friday! I don't know if its because my metabolism kicked up a notch, or if its in response to feeling 'deprived.' Any ideas? Is this temporary? Any tips on how to work through the feeling of needing to stuff myself?

Replies

• mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Without looking at your diary, it's most likely water weight....it would be nearly impossible to gain 3 lbs in less than a week. You would have to have eaten around 10,800 calories more than normal and not done any more exercise than normal. Your weight will fluctuate up and down....mine has gone up to a five pound fluctuation in just a week. Just keep up what you are doing and give it another week. I'm sure you'll be just fine.
  • jonzjia
    jonzjia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's definitely temporary. Don't let it get you down and keep going.

Make sure you weigh yourself consistently. Weight can fluctuate a lot depending on time of day, how much sodium you've had, how much water you're retaining, how many carbs you've been eating, how much you've eaten already, etc.

I'll fluctuate 2-3 pounds depending on when I weigh myself, what I've eaten recently, when I last went to the bathroom, if I just came back from the gym, and so on.

Best way to stay full is to eat more protein and things that will leave you satiated. There's nothing wrong with carbs, but 100 cals of chips/pasta/rice doesn't make me feel anywhere near as full as 100 cal of chicken breast. Find what foods will leave you full with minimal caloric impact.
  • luticiaf
    Options
    Aw thank you, I hope hope hope you are right! I'll just have to work through the cravings tomorrow I suppose....
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I concur with the above posters!

-BootJockey
    -250lbs
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated, eat enough to where you arent starving. Too many times I see the posts about people with 1200 calorie a day dieting. Those low calorie and very low calorie diets will work intitially but will stall out and when you begin eating more you will gain weight as your body adjusts to the higher caloric intake. Get your BMR and TDEE. Don't use the scale as your progress meter. Use progress pictures and body fat %.
  • luticiaf
    Options
    Ya I figure sodium is likely the culprit...

I will look into BMR an TDEE. All calculators I look at do put me at 1200 cal plus exercise cals, I'll see what that puts me at.

I'll be reaching for protein tomorrow!