FORGET IT. IT'S NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE!

Options
2»

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yup! i feel like at some point all of us come to this and then we come here lol congrats on realizing this before its too far gone!
  • msmirandakate
    msmirandakate Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i love my dairy, but i feel 100000% better when i dont have it.
    no other animals drink milk past infancy, let alone another species. its actually a bit weird that we do.

i limit my dairy, but im not going to deny myself completely.

its ok to have sometimes foods, just as long as they arent every day. its good for the soul to indulge occasionally.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    An excellent post! I've been finding recently that if I treat myself to something like a shake or doritos or a bunch of fries, that the momentary satisfaction wasn't worth it after a few minutes. And that was even before I started counting calories. I don't cut out everything I enjoy...I still grab my starbucks occasionally (but make it skinny and with no whip), I still grab a cookie here and there, I do have some fries. But I don't just...pig out like I used to. It's not worth the unhealthy body, poor self-image (though I had that even when I was thin), and avoidance of any kind of photo...it's just not.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I never cry about weight! Should I? I like my weight and my dairy and potato chips!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Forget about all of the junk food, dairy products, ect. They aren't worth it anymore. To feel this pain. This insecurity. I'm not asking for sympathy and I'm not typing this for attention, I'm typing this so you know & I hope you realize this too! It is not worth it! To cry about weight and complain about it, feel insecure, ect. I'd rather smile and be happy eating my lean meats, veges and drinking my water than crying and eating my cake. Cake isn't my future. Life is.

I hate to be THAT guy but.... you know you can have junk food, dairy, ice cream or whatever you desire and still lose weight right? I of course understand the inability to resist temptation because of which we sometimes swear off a particular food (I know I have done so in the past) but many on this site lose weight while eating junk food and still lose weight. I eat about 200 calories worth of ice cream almost daily.

I do bid you good luck though. I notice that you're new and might require some time learning moderation etc but just keep it in the back of your mind that the goal isn't to never eat junk food. The goal is to enjoy life while being healthy and fit and as many on this site have proven, its possible to be healthy while still enjoying a little bit of unhealthy junk food :)

Ditto^^^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    One doesn't have to abstain from eating food they actually like. If someone really wants to quit it, then that's one thing, but if someone is abstaining because it's considered "bad" then eventually there will be a cave in. You can have cake, ice cream, chips, etc. but don't make it a meal.
    Most fit and lean people consume foods that are considered taboo by many diet plans. How? They don't eat the whole bag, or package. They usually don't eat fast food daily. It's about moderation. That's why you don't see them crying.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Caaja
    Caaja Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think what she was trying to say is that its better to be strong and control yourself and be happy with how you look that keep eating the way you do and cry about your looks.
    each to their own, I control myself but I do eat junk if i want to as long as I dont go over. If she feels the better way for her is to avoid junk completely thats her decision and everybody on here is doing it the way that works best for them, some have to give things up completely, some can still have a taste without the big temptation to go over the top :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I think what she was trying to say is that its better to be strong and control yourself and be happy with how you look that keep eating the way you do and cry about your looks.
    each to their own, I control myself but I do eat junk if i want to as long as I dont go over. If she feels the better way for her is to avoid junk completely thats her decision and everybody on here is doing it the way that works best for them, some have to give things up completely, some can still have a taste without the big temptation to go over the top :)
    Oh phew!