lost in translation pehaps?

Options
A guy I work with ( from another country) said to me today "what are you doing you look much better lately" :laugh: Guess I must have looked "sick" 26 pounds heavier??? I think it was a compliment?!?!

Replies

• Learner2013
    Learner2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excessive body fat is ... *gasps* ... a real thing and can be seen by everyone around you. Better body composition makes one look aesthetically "better".

Congratulations!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Definetely a compliment! Keep up the great work then!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    compliment. good job
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got told I look so much happier and healthier. This guy is Indian , but very Australian if that makes sense. Men can have trouble complimenting us girls. I mean we can be so sensitive. I think it was meant in the nicest possible way. Language and cultural differences make it even harder. Congrats on looking good :)
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    If you lost 26 pounds eating a healthier diet, exercising and drinking more water - then you probably do "look better" - weight aside.
    Clearer skin, healthier hair, a little spring in your step... there are many benefits to getting healthy beyond the size of our jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!