Started out great then along comes life's little intrusions

Options
I started MFP two weeks ago and began to incorporate walking and some jogging into my day. Did great for two weeks and began to see some progress. As always my life is not mine to control. Over the last 4 days, I've been lucky if I got in 30 minutes of walking. This is discouraging.

I like to stop by the park after work and walk/jog before I go home because once I'm home I won't leave. I teach and tutor. Over the last week I have gained 3 more students. I hate to turn anyone down because I really, really need the money and I enjoy it. If I hit the park at 3:00 I can get in 1 loop of the inner circle (a little over a mile) about 25 minutes. I feel like I accomplished something by doing 1 hour! I know I can break it into two 30-minute intervals but I still don't feel like I've done any work.

Right now I feel defeated. I don't care about looking good in a swim suit this summer, I just want to feel comfortable in my clothes.

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    ANY exercise is good exercise. You don't have to put in hours a day to get there. My suggestion would be to do that loop in intervals. Sprint some then walk some, over and over again. It'll give you a greater calorie burn that'll last longer (HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training - can provide a boost to your metabolism for 48 hours post-workout) and will take a shorter amount of time.

I hope that helps! :flowerforyou: And being a tutor is amazing. Kudos!!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to lose weight, that is primarily diet-based. You can lose weight even if you can't exercise regularly. Exercise is important for overall health, but diet is what will make you feel more comfortable in your clothes. Don't be too upset. Just fit in as much activity as you can.