See the "if you ate this way you'd be __ in 5 weeks"

Options
It really gives me hope but I haven't lost but a couple pounds! (don't look at my diary today) I eat pretty well except for my SUGAR...anyways, next week if I ate the same way I'd be 147...not happening. I still have 7 pounds to go. I'm getting quite frustrated. I'm doing p90x and a couple extra(4-5 a week) cardio workouts in there but have still not seen results that many of you have. I'm excited for you but frustrated for me. AND as far as measurements go there hasn't been a huge difference. I guess I need to CUT everything out. That's how I feel anyways....BLAH.
Chocolate fountain at work today didn't help. It's teacher appreciation week (my school is a week late) and I helped myself. NO SELF CONTROL! Tomorrow is steak for lunch. I want to cry because my goal is still so far but the date is so near.

Replies

• khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm crying with you! :0) That "you'd be ___ in 5 weeks" has NEVER worked for me. I have been eating healthy and exercising for 17 weeks now. I lost 10lbs in the first 7 weeks....and absolutely NOTHING since then. I have maintained the same weight for 10 weeks. I've even "upped" my exercise; like running instead of walking....still nothing. I have noticed that if I quit all together, then the weight comes back in a matter of days, so I keep trudging along. What else to do??
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    For starters you don't have much to loose so weight loss will be slow. I'm also assuming you are not eating enough. P90x suggests that the minimum amount you eat while on the program is 1800 calories, how much are you eating? If you are doing extra cardio you should also be eating some of those calories so eat about 2000 on days you do extra cardio and 1800 on the days you don't. to do this program you body needs energy, which comes from food.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My trainer eats PERFECT every day. She allows 1 day cheat day. Except her one day cheat day consists of eating 1 piece of cheese pizza and everything else is perfect healthy eating. Or she'll have a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds and that is considered cheating. She has this perfect (well-deserved) body. I don't know if I am able to give up everything to be as toned and small as her. It's a battle I face every day. I wasn't losing anything and I had to give up all candy and snacks in order to lose 1/2 pound a week - I'm close to my goal weight, but don't know if I'm willing to continue this for the rest of my life - something I battle with as well as many others.....Good Luck.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i know you dont want to hear/read this but it is gonna take work to get where we want to be...fortunately for the trainer they are already there and obviously maintaining is not a problem for them......god if only i could get to the point in my life where i am "struggling" to maintain....i too just want to GET THERE....but it didnt take a matter of weeks for me to get here so it's not gonna take weeks to get there......months or years is more like it...you are not alone....keep on keeping on....that is the only way to get it off and keep it off....
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you....if I eat more than 1500 calories a day I feel sick. Last night i had a healthy taco salad (like 5 tortilla chips) meat, pinto beans, NO cheese, light sour cream, but I had enough to get my calories up and I had serious stomach ache until I went to bed. Then to top it off I gained a pound!
    I try to eat more but then I feel full. I'm a teacher so I can't just eat all day. I only have 30 minute lunch at 10:50. I do have a snack at 2 but nothing until dinner. If I had another snack I wouldn't be able to sit with my family for dinner. That's important to me as my kids are still young and I can control that they are home and eating.
    I would love to eat tons of fruit to fill me up BUT it's too much sugar so I try to eat the veggies....well we don't have that many.

I hate to say this but I feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone! I wish you luck....with God's grace we will do it!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I thought it was ok to eat fruit??? Too much sugar? I'm confused. I eat 3-4 pieces of fruit a day. Is that wrong? I also eat 3-5 servings of vegetable a day.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well when I look at my sugar intake it's always high, even when I don't eat sweets. I realized it was all the fruit and yogurt. So I've been trying to not eat so much. It sucks!