How Women See Themselves

Dove came out with a video of women describing themselves to a former FBI trained sketch artist. The sketch artist didn't look at them at all, and only drew what they described. Then a stranger that had only seen the women a little bit beforehand described the same women to the sketch artist. The results were often drastic. I don't know how old the video is, but I found it fascinating. I know I'm just at guilty of this as these women are. I'm sure this can also be applied to men, but women are usually much more critical of themselves, and will be the first to tell you their flaws as a defense mechanism. I hope this motivates people on here to not look at themselves as critically.

http://realbeautysketches.dove.us/

Sorry if I don't respond, I'm off to bed. Night all! :yawn:

Replies

• kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    this is amazing. i can't thank you enough for sharing. :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    As a man, I absolutely believe this. The majority of women I've dated just wouldn't believe what it was I saw when I looked at them.

Wonderful post!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I just posted this on my FB!!! Amazing video :)
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Thank you for sharing that. It was really good. I also shared it with my friends on FB.
  • minihorselover
    minihorselover Posts: 77 Member
    What a Fantastic post!! there can never be a more beautiful you =]
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    If this had been me I think it would have been the opposite. I would have turned around and said 'damn how come no one told me I look like Halle Berry?'
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    This is awesome -- thanks for sharing!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Wow. Incredible link
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    going to watch it now!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    As an online marketer myself, I tip my hat to Unilever (corporate parent of Dove) for the online success of this ad. I'm not even in the target market, I've not been online much today, and yet this is the 3rd time it's been shared with me. Well played Unilever!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    wow, thank you for sharing!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    I cried!
  • Thank you OP for sharing this video, it was so powerful! It definitely made me think about how I view myself.

Ladies out there... how do you manage the disconnect between loving yourself/loving your body and accepting it, but also wanting to improve certain aspects of your health or image? Sometimes it's hard for me to do both.