Been Using MFP but New to the Community

Options
swopen
swopen Posts: 165 Member
I'm Nicole. I'm a 27 year old mother of two young girls. I've been using MyFitnessPal for a while now to log my food and exercise. I have lost about 50 pounds of my 110 pound goal and feel it's about time to get some support! I've got the most wonderful, supportive husband but that's about it. I don't know why, but I haven't shared my weight loss goals/work with any of my friends or co-workers. I guess part of it is that I'm afraid to make a big deal about my goals to other people in case I don't accomplish them. Also, it's hard to get genuine support from people who don't have the same goals as you. So, that's what I'm looking for. Other people who are working hard and sometimes struggling. I need motivation some days and I am awesome at giving it!! I'd love to be friends with anyone in a similar situation: a working mom trying to get healthy, someone who is afraid to share their goals for fear of failure, someone with 50+ pounds to lose, someone who also struggles with eating healthy, or anyone just looking for a friend and general support! Keep up the work, everyone!

Replies

• RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! Wow, you've already made huge leaps toward your goal!
    I'm 28 and mom to one little girl, and hovering around the 200lb mark at the moment. I have around 50lbs to my final goal and definitely struggle with making the right eating choices. It's odd, I find telling a few people (husband and my parents anyway) about what I'm trying to do keeps me a little more motivated so I can kind of prove I can do it. None of the few friends I have around here know, though. If you're fine with it, I'd be happy to join in on the motivation/MFP friend train!
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi! I'm always happy to help with support, feel free to add me! :)