Brides to be - 10 Kilos' by May 2013

Options
Hi Ladies,

Anyone out there are bride to be with their wedding fast approaching?

I am getting married in March 2014! However, I am getting a dress custom made in Melbourne(a 3 hour flight away from me in Perth Australia). I'd like to lose 10 kilo's prior to having my fitting for the dress on the 4th July 2013

Ultimate goal is to lose 20 kilo's prior to the big day next year!

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Replies

• jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jesseca and I am getting married August 31st this year, I need to lose about two more inches on my waist for my dress to fit but would love to lose 40lbs by my wedding! So happy I found another bride!!!
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am to be married in September of this year! Holy crap!
    I'm hoping to lose another 10 lbs before then...
    I already have my dress though, and the thought of having to get it taken in is both blissful and annoying lol!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I already have my dress though, and the thought of having to get it taken in is both blissful and annoying lol!

That is my goal to have my dress taken in lol
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Congrats you guys! I've been married for 2.5 yrs, but didn't have a big wedding with a dress, hoping to do that at 5 yrs if we can afford it, 10 if we can't
  • violantte
    Options
    I'm getting marry on April 2014 too and I'm losing weight to get in shape for that bloody wedding dress =D
  • Project_Jodie
    Options

hhaha blissful and annoying - so true! I want to lose at least 10 by July cos thats when I finalise the style. 20 by Jan next year cos thats when I go back and last chance for them to take it in etc. How AMAZING would it be to say hay my dress is too BIG please take it in! :) YAY
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Violannte - yay we have similar time frames :) How much are you hoping to lose by your wedding?

My aim is for 20kilos and a size 10-12 again by Januarty 2014 :)
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Hi my name is Jesseca and I am getting married August 31st this year, I need to lose about two more inches on my waist for my dress to fit but would love to lose 40lbs by my wedding! So happy I found another bride!!!

WOW Jess! Look how much you have achieved already! Has your currentl weighloss been driven by your wedding? I think getting married is the kick up the butt I needed to do this! I don't want to be a chubby bride! I have no doubt you'll achieve your goal! :) x
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 13, 2013 and I want to lose 20 more pounds before it. But I am scared my dress ( which is already purchased) wont fit! Thankfully, I look so thin in my dress! My sister said I look like a size 4... I am a size 16!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I'm getting married in December of this year ... Hoping to lose a total of 50lbs at least .. maybe more. I've lost 13lbs so far so another 37lbs would put me at 50lbs lost. =)
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the reply - so what are you alll doing to get to your goal.

I love exercise so I'm just ensuring I do something every day - aiming for a 500 cal burn

Clean eating and sticking to the cals is a big one for me! So I'm trying to up the protein and eat clean every day. Also trying to stop the mentality that if I have one little slip up it doesnt mean I should go nuts and eat whatever I want for the rest of the day becuase I've already ruined it haha

Good Luck girls hope to hear from you again soon!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am getting married in August of '13 and don't necessarily need to lose weight, but would love to tone my arms and upper back (I totally have a muffin top on my back haha). Totally agree about it being annoying to take in, but would LOVE to drop some inches (or pounds!)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 13, 2013 and I want to lose 20 more pounds before it. But I am scared my dress ( which is already purchased) wont fit! Thankfully, I look so thin in my dress! My sister said I look like a size 4... I am a size 16!

Wedding dresses do amazing things for your body. :)
  • Schmidt722
    Schmidt722 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ladies,

My wedding is this September. Gotta tone up the arms, since 99% of all those wedding dresses out there are strapless! Oh yeah, and also drop these 10 extra lbs.

I'm doing the 30DS with some cardio and swimming mixed in, plus a 5k in May.
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    I am getting married June 23, 2013. So in about 2 months. I bought my dress to fit me now (well back in january) as to not put pressure on myself. I have lost about 9 lbs since december and lots of inches but I am going about is slowly so it will last. I had to buy a size 16 to fit my bust but it was already too big in the hips and waist then. So, I know when I go in soon I will have to have it altered even more to fit my shrinking body. I have been married before and at that time I have to loose weight to fit my dress and I didn't want to do that again.