30 Day Shred

Options
Ok.. so this is my first post on MFP. I have a question..

Im starting the "30 Day Shred" thing and I wanted to know how to count calories burned if I dont have an HRM (at the moment).. pleasee pleasee let me know. Thanks! =)

Replies

• mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I'm about 170#, 5' 2" and 28 yrs old.......I burn around 250-275 cals during the 30DS and that is according to my HRM. Maybe if nothing else you could guestimate according to what I do. ??? Good luck! and have fun!!! :)
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training. That is what most people without HRMs do.
  • amberlusc
    amberlusc Posts: 22
    Options
    I put it as circuit training becasue it is a good balance of cardio and strength (the basis of circuit training)
    xx
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yah, i put mine in as circuit training as well. Good luck!! :smile:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Level 2 and I burn about 250....under Circuit Training.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 10 days now and am on my second day of Level 2. I'm 5'8'' and 151 pounds and I have consistently burned around 250 calories in the full 26 minutes (that's including warm up and cool down, since your hear rate is still above resting). I use a Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor also. Hopefully that helps :)
  • Emmagarratt2010
    Options
    Have you noiced much of a change in your body shape and weight since doing this? Ive only just purchased it and done it a few random times, starting properly monday for 30 days x
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info! Im officially starting Monday.. :happy:
  • devoneyk
    devoneyk Posts: 15
    Options
    I am on day 12 of the 30 day shred and I do use a HRM. I am 5'4 141 lbs, and I noticed on level one I was pretty much constantly burn about 270 and on level 2 have burned about 330. I would think these are pretty close to what MFP uses under circuit training.:smile: