Taking Measurements

GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I want to measure myself because I am starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Slimdown. I'm going to measure myself before the program, halfway through, and at the end. What measurements should I be taking and how do I do it correctly?

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    You can measure anything you want. When I did the 30Day Shred video, I measured my waist at my belly button, waist at the smallest point, hips, thighs, calves, and bicep. You could also do your chest, neck, etc. The main thing is to always measure at the same point each time. I always tried in a few places, especially on my hips, and used the biggest measurement. For my waist, I used my belly button as a guide to get it in the right spot. I also have a naturally high waist, which is why I took 2 different waist measurements. It's really up to you, but consistency is key! Hope this helps... :smile:
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    I goggled and found this (it's basically what I do) hope it helps ya :D

Start by wearing tight fitting clothing (or no clothing) and make a note of what you're wearing so you know to wear the same clothes the next time you measure. Here's how to do it:

* Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    * Chest: Measure just under your bust
    * Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
    * Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
    * Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    * Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
    * Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
    * Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    I goggled and found this (it's basically what I do) hope it helps ya :D

Start by wearing tight fitting clothing (or no clothing) and make a note of what you're wearing so you know to wear the same clothes the next time you measure. Here's how to do it:

* Bust: Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    * Chest: Measure just under your bust
    * Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
    * Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
    * Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    * Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf
    * Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
    * Forearm: Measure around the largest part of the arm below the elbow.

Could I pinch this for our 30 day shred group? Pretty please?

As for the opening post...I think you've had some great advice . Good Luck with the 30 day shred...would you like to join our group? It starts the 15th may - 15th june! You can start earlier if you wish or a few days later. the day you start is not set in concrete!

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member

As for the opening post...I think you've had some great advice . Good Luck with the 30 day shred...would you like to join our group? It starts the 15th may - 15th june! You can start earlier if you wish or a few days later. the day you start is not set in concrete!

I completed the Shred and now I'm trying the 30- Day Slimdown. It's the workouts from the Shred, plus Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. You do one of those three 6 days a week, plus I'm aiming for 40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical 4 days a week. I will definitely keep you guys posted though!
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Could I pinch this for our 30 day shred group? Pretty please?

But of course :D
This discussion has been closed.