Should I exclude certain foods

Options
Question, do you feel you lose more weight excluding certain food?

The reason i ask, is that I've just been counting the calories and watching my sodium, but my mate said.......................Oh you shouldn't eat white bread only brown or wholegrain.

PS: only 1 one slice every few days, I've gone lowfat/lean protein and increased the veggie and fruit to get my 1600 calories in each day

Do you personally feel that your weight loss is better if you exclude or severely limit certain things, like carbs

Whats your view

Replies

• sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    The only thing I have excluded is junk food (fast food and takeaways) and severely limit sweet treats.

I have tried excluding certain foods in the past but for me it never worked for long.

My personal opinion is that you need to find what works for you, however, this has got to be something that you can keep up in the long term.

Changing your habits for life is far more important than seeing a number on the scales drop quickly.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    No. I eat all the foods I like in moderation. It's worked out quite well for me. There is no one food that will make you fat unless you go over your maintenance calories eating it. Go with the diet that you'll stick with. Personally, I am not going to stick to something that is too restrictive. If I can lose weight eating cake or pizza, why should I exclude it?

Some people have trigger foods that they feel they lose control when eating, and sure, they should exclude those until they can get a grip on it and eat a reasonable serving.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    It is very true that whole rice/grain is more nutritious so you get more "bang for your calorie buck" from them nutrition wise however, if you're getting your macros (your carbs, fats and proteins) appropriately, it doesn't matter if you eat white brown or black rice. Eat it up. Tell your friend to keep his broscience to himself.

The only food I stay away from is fish. And other disgusting foods. Most of which includes fish. Because fish is disgusting. And my calories needs to be yummy.

I eat ice cream daily and have been losing weight steadily. You're safe to eat whatever you wish as long as you're getting good amount of protein, fats and carbs from the foods. As a general rule of thumb, you can go 80% "clean" eating and 20% "junk" food