What job/occupation would you NOT want to have?

Options
2stepscloser
2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
Since I've been up since 3:30am when our septic system alarm woke me up, I've had plenty of time to think about random things. As I thought more about the guy (or gal) that will be coming out today to check out our system, I realized yuck, who would want that type of job?!?!

A few others that I would never want are car salesman and pathologist. What about you? What would you never want to do?

Replies

• lean3mean
    lean3mean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would never want to be a telemarketer. I've been looking for jobs recently and that one has popped up a lot.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Call centre... Did it once... Hated it sooooo much!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Graveyards at Walmart. Oh, I guess I'd better start looking for a new job...
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sweatshop sewing machine laborer
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    This is easy ... an exterminator. I had a really rough encounter with a huge tree roach that got inside just a few minutes ago. Let's just say .. I'm overly hormonal at the moment, sleep deprived (got woke up @ 12 b/c the electricity quit working), and I'm terrified of roaches in general .. especially when my dog tosses them around my room. -______-

Also I'd hate to be a gyno ... self explanatory. Or a telemarketer .. who wants to annoy people and get screamed at all day? & anything involving fast food ... I'd assume they leave work with more grease on them then the food.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Groom of the Stool.

That's what you would call a sh1t job.....
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'd hate to be a window washer on a high rise... :O
  • Murnique
    Murnique Posts: 9
    Options
    plumber , call center worker and an undertaker
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i think theres far too many jobs to list haha
    probably why i still dont have a job a haha
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    Postwoman
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Elephant Colonoscopy Technician

449_10200331171220114_1503660310_n.jpg
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I couldn't be a fire fighter. I have the utmost respect for those who do it, and I'm very glad there are people who will put their lives on the line to save the lives of others, but there's no way I could do it for a living.

Also, I'd hate to have to work with drains, plumbing, backed up toilets etc.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Graveyards at Walmart. Oh, I guess I'd better start looking for a new job...
    I did those, they were awful. Graveyard shift in general is awful..mom currently 3rd shift as a nurses assistant, pays well.... not exactly a pleasant job.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I've already had them both!

A cleaning service (Merry Maids)- I was 18.

Corrections officer in a maximum security Joint. As a female this is NOT fun.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Any job in retail, I hate the general public where I live lol
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Far too many to list :laugh:
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    telemarketer, callcenter worker and a dishwasher (at a restaurant). I've worked as the last of the list and let me tell you, that is a thankless job, really heavy and physical (lifting those huge pots... not exactly easy) - you're always the first to arrive and the last to leave, with large chunks of boredom during the day. And, as I said, nobody ever thanks the dishwasher for a lovely experience at the restaurant, lol.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would say that my list is longer after seeing all of these responses. Definitely a telemarketer... no reward and you are always bothering people!
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Elephant Colonoscopy Technician

449_10200331171220114_1503660310_n.jpg

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I KNEW someone was going to post this one. ;)
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    any type of desk job, pushing paper. i'd rather be waste deep in elephant @ss