My husband's stupid grandmother!!!!!!!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
She just brought donuts over!!!!!! She KNOWS I'm trying to lose weight and I swear she did this on purpose because she knows my husband won't eat them. (He hates sweets!) So I just took them and dumped them in the trash. And to make sure I wouldn't eat them I put my son's dirty diaper on the top! What nerve!!!!!:explode:

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she may be jealous of you. You are setting your mind to something and succeeding. Take it as a "compliment" from a jealous woman :-D
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Such respect for the elderly. We can't hide from tempting treats forever. We have to be big girls, not throw temper tantrums, and wear our big girl panties and just not eat it.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LMAO, although I would have hoped just putting them in the trash would be enough for you to not eat them :laugh:

GREAT JOB anyway. I can easily say "no thanks" to food that isnt there yet but if its put in my hands I have a lot of trouble resisting! You did very well, Im very impressed!

Just let her know it went into the trash, she will know then that you are serious and her little temptation games dont work!
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    What the hell???? Are you serious???? A GRANDMOTHER acting this way!!! So proud of you for dumping them and the dirty diaper as an added touch just brings so much joy to my heart....lol
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    She just brought donuts over!!!!!! She KNOWS I'm trying to lose weight and I swear she did this on purpose because she knows my husband won't eat them. (He hates sweets!) So I just took them and dumped them in the trash. And to make sure I wouldn't eat them I put my son's dirty diaper on the top! What nerve!!!!!:explode:

Do you really think she did that on purpose? Is that something she is known to do? Or do you think that she just didn't think about it?
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    baaahahaha dirty diaper. Good for you! Just say no!
    Also..that was pretty petty of her. lol
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Such respect for the elderly. We can't hide from tempting treats forever. We have to be big girls, not throw temper tantrums, and wear our big girl panties and just not eat it.

I guess I should've elaborated that I have NO respect for this lady. She has lied and manipulated many of her family members (many who refuse to talk to her) and even my husband can't stand to be around her. She also comes over and looks in my windows! She's also refused to call 911 when her own dh was still alive and he eventually died from her neglect. I am now "throwing a temper tantrum" just stating a fact. She's lucky I am polite and haven't told her how I really feel about her. And I waited until after she was gone before I threw out the donuts.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh-- cut the old lady some slack.

Old folks equate love with food. The more I feed you, especially sweets, the more you'll know you're loved. My grandmother was the same way-- my husband's mother is the same way with my kids--

But, bravooooo for throwing them out. Special kudos for the dirty diaper topping-- stroke of genius. Definitely a nice touch.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    I have the same issue with my mom in law alot. She is constantly buying pizzas and cookies and donuts for them. Then she always makes sure to send the leftovers or even go so far as buying new stuff to give to us. Now she knows we've totally changed our way of eating and no longer bring that crap into the house. I'm with you Lisa, it totally ticks me off. And to that extent it's disrespectful.
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Do you really think she did that on purpose? Is that something she is known to do? Or do you think that she just didn't think about it?

Well, in the 15+ years that I've known her she's NEVER EVER brought over donuts. Or cake or pie or cookies for that matter. And since I started really working hard last month she started saying how she didn't want me to get skinny! It makes no sense. The woman is very manipulative and it's no wonder my MIL has diabetes and heart problems. SHe just doesn't want anyone to be healthy I think. Since she's fat she wants everyone else to be fat. LOL!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I have the same issue with my mom in law alot. She is constantly buying pizzas and cookies and donuts for them. Then she always makes sure to send the leftovers or even go so far as buying new stuff to give to us. Now she knows we've totally changed our way of eating and no longer bring that crap into the house. I'm with you Lisa, it totally ticks me off. And to that extent it's disrespectful.

I know! It would be one thing if I didn't care anymore but I do and I am going to get healthy for me and my kids.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

agreed
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    What the hell???? Are you serious???? A GRANDMOTHER acting this way!!! So proud of you for dumping them and the dirty diaper as an added touch just brings so much joy to my heart....lol

Your posts always crack me up!!!
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Well, in the 15+ years that I've known her she's NEVER EVER brought over donuts. Or cake or pie or cookies for that matter. And since I started really working hard last month she started saying how she didn't want me to get skinny! It makes no sense. The woman is very manipulative and it's no wonder my MIL has diabetes and heart problems. SHe just doesn't want anyone to be healthy I think. Since she's fat she wants everyone else to be fat. LOL!

That is crazy! I am glad that I don't have anyone in my life doing that to me. Well my husband is a poop, he loves giving me **** but what he says is all fun. He doesn't tempt me with goodies.
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm sure she went out of her grandmotherly way to spend her pension money on a box of donuts just to make you incredibly angry and undermine you...

I'm sure.

Overreacting much?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    My husbands grandmother asked me a few weeks ago if I was losing weight. When I said yes, her response was "good, you need it." She's a wonderful woman and I love her to death, she just doesn't have a filter on her mouth. I mean, I KNOW I need to lose weight, that's why I'm doing it. So all in all, I'd rather have her bringing donuts.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    My husbands grandmother asked me a few weeks ago if I was losing weight. When I said yes, her response was "good, you need it." She's a wonderful woman and I love her to death, she just doesn't have a filter on her mouth. I mean, I KNOW I need to lose weight, that's why I'm doing it. So all in all, I'd rather have her bringing donuts.

There are alot of people out there who don't have filters on their mouths! I worked in a paper mill for 9 years with a work force of 94to 96% men. My weight fluctuated. When it was up, I was the "second to know" right after the loudmouth I worked next to. Of course, this was the same guy (married) who hit on me relentlessly when my weight was down. Face it, sweetie, there are alot of jerks in this world, some worse than others.

Great job on the 23 lbs gone...keep it up!
  • Being_Healthy
    Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have never, ever understood why it is that people think we should always respect the elderly. Just because they are older doesn't give them the absolute right to be disrespectful and often times down right nasty to everyone who is not as old as they are! Be respectful to me and I will be respectful to you, no matter how old or young you are.

To ron2282.....this woman is obviously being a witch and trying to sabotage all your hard work! Good for you for resisting temptation.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    lol....good for you for tossing them out......don't give her a reaction b/c that's probably what she wants. Just know you tossed them, and feel good about yourself for not eating them!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Just play her game. Thank her sweetly, throw them away when she leaves, and move on. She sounds like a head case. No point in wearing yourself out over a toxic person right? :flowerforyou: