Need some POSITIVE opinions!

Options
2»

Replies

• mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Switch up your routine -- add some resistance. Doesn't have to be crazy, but I found that is what made the difference for me!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Try it cant hurt :) it worked for me
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm darn near the exact same as you- 5'5 & 149- goal at 135. I have my calories set to 1600 to include my exercise but generally only end up around 1400 or so. I've decided to try the macros approach and get more protein in my diet and just go with that and more veggies in general. Perhaps try to go off this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0 With so little to lose we just need to avoid water weight loss only. Way to go on the loss so far!

At 1200 I'm hungry but at 1400 I'm struggling to try and up that at all.

^^^This!!! I started off using the MFP calories to get into a groove. Once I discovered the link above...BOOM! Never hungry and plenty of fuel for working out. You're doing awesome it appears! Keep on being awesome :)
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    go to scoobysworkshop.com fast calorie calculator

type in your age, weight, activity level and what percentage you want to reduce too. that may help you

for eating I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks spaced every few hours. you are doing really good

maybe look at scoobys workshop and put your goal weight in see what calories you need to get there. my mom suggested me to do that also. my goal is the same as yours
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Do some strength training. It won't do much to help you lose weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, but you'll tone up and rev your metabolism. Plus, while that muscle is heavier than fat, it takes up much less room so you'll actually go down a size or so whether you actually lose "weight" or not! Callooh Callay!!!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    It sound like you are at or very close to a healthy weight for your height, which means the last few pounds could be a challenge. If these are "vanity" pounds for you, you might consider adding strength workouts in addition to some extra calories. The scale may or may not change much, but the shape of your body definitely will!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    So close to goal, it is going to be harder to lose! I am 5 feet and 127, wanting to lose about 10 pounds. I eat 1600 calories a day. So, yeah, I would suggest a few more calories. You may also find that increasing exercise intensity will help how you look and feel. Look for cardio that is going to get your heart rate up more, and I strongly suggest adding in some sort of resistance (anything from Jillian Michaels to pilates to traditional weight lifting). When you're this close to your goal, those little things can make a big difference!