Hi i am new

Options
Hi I am 28 years old from australia and have been using the myfitness app on the iphone for a while and I thought i would check out the site. I have been a bit slack since easter and gained back 4 kilos out of the 15 I lost to get to goal weight so im back here trying to get it back on. I had never been on the site previously so im glad I went on here as now i found this forum which will hopefully keep me motivated to stick to my goals this time. Look forward to chatting with you all and good luck on your weight loss journeys.

Replies

• tracyhudson
    Options
    Me too, I need to loose weight but cant take it serious enough so here goes start of a new beginning
  • crystalcd
    crystalcd Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new too... Only about 30 minutes old..lol! :laugh:
  • dottedone
    dottedone Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome...I've been around for 30 days or so, but that's still new to me! My goal is to faithfully enter my food and exercise each and every day. I've found paying attention to what I eat and to what I do is a major major boost! And it's been fun too!
  • bunnigun
    bunnigun Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome! I think the friend function on this site is really helpful. You may not necessarily know the person in real life, but seeing their progress and having someone to talk to who is also on the journey to weight loss can be very motivating.
  • sracine
    sracine Posts: 1
    Options
    :huh: new to this site... not new to dieting.. ugh!
    introduced by my friend Julie... another tool.. I know what to do.. just need to stick to it. Frustrated!!!!!!
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm new too! Just started yesterday. I entered every single bite yesterday and today and have to say, I have a LOT of work to do. No wonder I've gained so much weight! I want to lose about 45 pounds and I know it's going to take me close to a year to do this. So, my goal is to stick to recording everything everyday, make more time for exercise and make better choices and small changes each day that I can stick too. I am NOT dieting anymore. This is changing. Glad to be on board and see so many positive people and positive inputs. Looking forward to the ride :smile:
  • rells
    rells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, Even tho I joined via the app on my iphone just after Christmas, I've only seriously been committed to keeping up with my food and exercise diary for about 5 weeks. I was in a real rut, gradually gaining weight but only being able to get back to my ( what I call 'Wall Weight'), and not a pound under. I hated my rear view in the mirror. It wasn't the me inside.
    Myfittnesspal has really helped me to get the control I so desperately needed. For the 1st couple of weeks it was difficult and frustrating. But It has begun to get easier and even exciting cos I'm heading in the right direction to a healthier, better, sexier figure. Its not being on a diet, it finding a new way to eat and execise daily that is balanced and works for you, and eventually will feel normal.
    My husband, I, and our dog had a couple of days break away from home. I had also decided to have a break from calorie worrying. So just chose what I fancied of menus.
    But to my surprise when I got back and stepped on the scale to see I had lost another pound. Then I realized I had walked a lot more than I had thought and automatically ete just what I needed, and no more( even tho chips, and Guinness, and fried food where in there). I feel my greedy gene has calmed down. I am actually calmer but more awake and energetic.
    I'm beginning to feel like the real me on the outside now.

I wish you all the best in reaching new, fitter, slimmer, sexier bodies. And hope my experiences can boost your confidence to KEEP AT IT!. I think keeping at it is the Key - over time of being in control your body gradually changes into the new you.

Be strong during the tough times.
    Have fun in the up times.
  • surgtechteacher
    Options
    I just started this about a week ago, also joined Jazzercize. I am tired of the weight issue and although I am successful in everything else I attempt, I suck at keeping the weight off. I decided to put me first, and I want to get back in shape. The weight loss is a part of it, but mostly I don't want to be out of shape. The jazzercize is kicking my butt, but for the first time in many years, I have found something that is attacking the muscles in my abdomen. I love it, even though I hate it. I joined with a friend, she is half my age but bigger than I am, so we both have our issues. My goal is to be able to wear clothes and not have my stomach bulging out around the top or bottom.
  • surgtechteacher
    Options
    I am thinking that I have about 40ish pounds to loose too. I am more about the healthy and fit, then the number, but 40-45 pounds is about where I am thinking. I too, need a lot of work. I am terribly out of shape and not happy about it. I am also not a young person, so I know it will be hard.
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    :huh: new to this site... not new to dieting.. ugh!
    introduced by my friend Julie... another tool.. I know what to do.. just need to stick to it. Frustrated!!!!!!

I'm with you all the way sista!! We can do this together. We are stronger in numbers!!
    I have only been on this site a short time but I love the way I can track my calories and exercises and it has payed off big time!! It really helps to be able to chat with others going through the same thing as well.

Yes we can!!

Julie :heart: