Weekend Bingers!

Options
124»

Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I used to do this....horribly. Until the one time I had to bust my hump for about 1.5 weeks burning off the sodium and fat gained from one rediculously high calorie Sunday. I've since got it under control. I may go over by a few hundred calories on occasion, but I usually have plenty of "weekly" calories left to play with.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The lack of structure on the weekends is what kills me. That, and the alcohol.. Oh, the alcohol :drinker:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've gotten better with my cheat meals. It helps to make them myself instead of eating out. Or I know I am heading into night, I try to balance it out with my morning workout and healthy eating throughout the day. Prepare for the Cheat! :-)
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to be itchy, would you?
    Fleas, perhaps?
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much me. I'll eat a lot more during the weekends, although this is partially to make up for the fact that I under-eat during the week.
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing for over 3 years, eat super healthy all week (around 1300 cals a day) and work out twice a day then Saturday and Sunday I eat whatever I want (around 4000 cals a day) I have not gained any weight and I'm maintaining my body weight (121) and when I mean I eat what I want it usually consist of a whole super size bag of peanut butter M&M's and a whole jar of peanut butter cookies, bread, chocolate, pretty much anything my belly wants. I think as long as your super good all week the splurging on the weekend shouldn't effect you :)
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make it part of my overall plan.

I eat about 1530 cals Sunday through Thursday.
    Friday and Saturday I allow myself to "refeed" or "replenish" or "cheat," however you call it. I keep it within reason unless it's a special occasion and document it.
    It still averages out to around 1500 calories per day for the week because I DON'T eat back my exercise calories.

That plan isn't meant for everyone, but it's working for me. Happy, healthy, and slowly but steadily losing weight.
  • lindaland1
    lindaland1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am great at sticking to my goal and sometimes coming in under goal, during the week. And then I only weigh myself on Friday's. After that, I pick one or two special treats (ie: cheetos, cookies, candy etc...) and then a special meal for Friday. I still workout and then get right back on track Saturday morning. It works for me, and I am sure I could loose faster, but I also enjoy not feeling deprived and giving myself a little wiggle room for extra's that I really want.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    On the weeks where I binge on the weekends I tend to lose very little weight . On the weeks when I don't binge on the weekends I do very well. The difference between the two can easily be 2 or 3 pounds.

It all comes down to consistency. I think it will be fine to binge some on the weekends when I am maintaining, but binging really halts my weight loss when I need to lose weight...which is now.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Fleas, perhaps?

How did you know?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Fleas, perhaps?

How did you know?
    Just a hunch.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The lack of structure on the weekends is what kills me. That, and the alcohol.. Oh, the alcohol :drinker:

This!

The lack of structure is definitely what causes me problems, this is also the case around Christmas time or when I am off work.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyones input!

It's good to know i'm not the only one out there with poor will power on a weekend!

IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THAT!!!!

Summer is coming and we can all benefit from controlling our diets more on weekend.

LETS DO THIS ****!