Probably still better than being described as a lawn gnome. :happy:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Bump because more men need to see this.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    That works, those gnomes have a important duty! They are even in commercials about travel, they have new ones with guns, rifles, RPG, flame thrower. http://www.etsy.com/listing/102568746/unpainted-combat-garden-gnome-with

though I did like that comment about "rapey eyes" LOL

another reason why women are eeeeevvviillllllll
    Probably still better than being described as a lawn gnome. :happy:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I liked "Straight out of Mordor." It's good for men's self-esteem to know where they come from.
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Frackin' mirrors and cameras lie!!! lol :)

Scales lie too!!!!
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    I totally thought it was a serious video at first...

:bigsmile:
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The painful irony of this video (although framed as comedy) is that it shows how much women resent men's self-esteem.

If this weren't a parody -- as it clearly is -- and if women described themselves to an artist and then men described those same women, you would have exactly the opposite results. The women's description would result in the "ugly" portrait, while the men's description would result in the good-looking portrait.

Even though it's comedic, this video is seething with rage and hurt that men, no matter what they look like, almost always consider themselves good looking. Women generally are much, much harder on themselves. That's a very real phenomenon, presented here by showing the flip side of the coin.

Having said all of that, the "rapey" eyes comment was brilliant!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    The painful irony of this video (although framed as comedy) is that it shows how much women resent men's self-esteem.

If this weren't a parody -- as it clearly is -- and if women described themselves to an artist and then men described those same women, you would have exactly the opposite results. The women's description would result in the "ugly" portrait, while the men's description would result in the good-looking portrait.

Even though it's comedic, this video is seething with rage and hurt that men, no matter what they look like, almost always consider themselves good looking. Women generally are much, much harder on themselves. That's a very real phenomenon, presented here by showing the flip side of the coin.

you've seen the Dove video this is based off of, right? The one where women do, in fact, describe themselves in a less flattering way than others describe them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    I'm Asian. We all look the same.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha "his eyes looked...rapey.."
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

No.
    Sometimes a joke is just a joke.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I will be watching it later.... sounds interesting... :huh:
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Didn't find this funny in the least, people who have self esteem or my case (ED) problems constantly hate the way they look. Those who don't have psychological problems like that will never understand, and shouldn't attempt to. It's disappointing to see this was posted on a website that is supposed to be about bettering ourselves. Disgusting
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I get that "white Denzel" thing all the time too . . .
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Haha...
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Fresh out of Mordor....LOOOOOOOOOOL
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Is a cute spoof on the original dove video. The dove video hits home: http://youtu.be/litXW91UauE

I've know some beautiful women that are so critical of themselves and I just want shake them and show them how pretty they are.
    You.are.beautful.