Beachbody Power 90 Anyone?

Options
Hi All! I haven't seen too many posts (unless I didn't go back far enough) about the Power 90 series. If you're unfamiliar with it, this is the PRE - series to P90X. Tony Horton recommends doing his Power 90 series first if you can't make it through the full workouts in P90X. Which, I couldn't.

So far, I've only completed 2 days of Power 90, but I really enjoy it! I'm a short, fluffy lady so I really needed to start with a little low impact workout. Tony Horton does this great, as usual. I'm on the 2-step system which alternates 2 video types. Sculpting and sweating + abs. I can actually make it through a FULL video almost non-stop! You can go at your own pace, but the workouts aren't so extreme that you can't do them at all. (Like those darn pull-ups on P90X, lol.) This seems like a workout video I'm going to be able to stick with! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to do those pull-ups after my 90 days after all.

Anyone else on the Power 90 system? I'd love to become friends and motivate one another!

Replies

• Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm about halfway through the program and I've loved it so far!

I've lost 10 pounds since I started and I've firmed up quite a bit. What I like about it is that it can be challenging for anyone. It's all about the effort you put in.

That being said, being close to day 50, it's starting to feel repetitive to me. I was hoping level 3-4 would introduce a lot more new moves, but it's just more of the same done faster and more intensely.

I like it a lot and I'm hoping to see it through until the end of the 90 days. But I'm getting anxious to move on to something with a little more variety...perhaps P90X or Jillian Michael's Body Revolution.
  • Jenikki322
    Options
    That's what I'm thinking of moving on to. P90X when I'm finished. I'm glad to hear you're getting such great results. I can't wait to get to day 30! I'm excited!! :)
  • nicole325
    nicole325 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of Power 90. I tried it last year and got to about day 60 but never completed it so I'm starting it again.
    It's a great program but it gets repetitive. I also like the fact that it's about half an hour per workout. With my work schedule I need to work out at 5AM before work, so it's perfect!! P90x workouts are long - about an hour each.
  • rmkelley76
    rmkelley76 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had great results with Power 90. Unfortunately, I got busy around the holidays, and lost my routine. Now, 5 months later, I'm re-starting the routine today. (damn I feel so out of shape)

If you are looking for a less repetitive program, check out the P90X-2. The the second version of p90x. Its 13 DVDs and one of its "special techniques" is to constantly change your exercises. The idea is that your body can't get used to the routine, and plateau. But... I haven't actually tried it yet... so I'm not sure how well it really works.