bod getting there...now i need makeup!

Options
I am 40 years old and I have NOOOOOOOO idea how to wear makeup. I have tired and tired and get nowhere. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I like mineral makeup, like Bare Minerals. Its all natural, lightweight and easy to put on. Or you can try Mary Kay. The rep will show you how to wear it, and what looks best on you.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm a Clinique girl, but everyone has their favs. Go to a nice counter at a department store and tell them you need help. They'll make you over for free to sell you product. I buy all my foundation, concealers, and powders at the Clinique counter, but to save money, I get my colors elsewhere.

It's really fun - and this is coming from a girl who wears makeup only a few times a year. Maybe that's why it's such fun....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    HOW to wear it? Go to youtube.com/xsparkage. She has amazing tutorials and will tell you exactly what she's wearing so you can go buy it too. Mostly she wears Coastal Scents makeup palette - you can get it in shimmer or matte and it's a STEAL online for how many colors you get. I have a 48 palette from Sephora and also an old one I went to town with alcohol on :happy: You will learn so much from her and it's practical, not costumey such as youtube.com/petrilude (who is a genius - watch his videos just for fun!) If you need help, let me know. I've learned so much from both of them and I always get compliments on my makeup.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old and I have NOOOOOOOO idea how to wear makeup. I have tired and tired and get nowhere. Any suggestions?

Do you have some local Spas? Many of them will carry different lines of the mineral make-ups and you can go there for a "spa day" with a makeover/massage and they can give you tips on how to wear them properly. We have a few here in our small city and each one carries a different line.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Most department stores will do "makeover's" and show you how to apply everything, and you don't have buy the makeup. Some do it for free, and some charge a small fee. Many times, they can help you pick what types of things you should be wearing along with colors. There are so many things on the market that it's really hard to figure out where to begin.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Go to a nicer department store....like Dillards, Macy or Nordstroms.....at any cosmetic counter they will give you a free makeup application. They also will want to sell you their makeup but there is no cost to you for their time to show you.
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    As others have said, almost any makeup counter in a better department store will be able to get you started. You can also get the service at most spas. Your other option is to call your local AVON, or Mary Kay rep. These gals will walk you through everything you need to know about applying and removing makeup. Caring for your skin under your makeup is just as important as the makeup you put on it.
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I went to the Clinique counter the other day and I was totally honest with my girl. I told her I dont wear makeup very often, so if she did anything too fancy there is no way I would keep up with it. She did my makeup very nicely as in going to work, and then added a darker liner (to what I already had on) and darker lipstick as in going out after work. I am still so happy with what she did and sold to me. I have worn makeup everyday since! I love it!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I like mineral makeup, like Bare Minerals. Its all natural, lightweight and easy to put on. Or you can try Mary Kay. The rep will show you how to wear it, and what looks best on you.

Agreed, though I don't like the Mary Kay minerals. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am going to take everyone's advice........this is my new mission lol :) I just have to get over this virus......all the make up in the world would not make me feel pretty right now lol