Training for Tough Mudder

Options
Hey All,

My name is Nicole and I wanted to see if I could get a little feedback. I will be 30 in July and I will also be doing the Tough Mudder. Currently I am 5'4" and I weigh around 158 and ideally I would like to get down to 135-140 and be in the best physical condition I can be for the race in July. I am tracking my meals and working out 4-5 days per week combining cardio and strength training.

I would love to hear anyones tips for dropping weight and building muscle. I try to follow a primal diet avoiding carbs and processed foods. I would love to know what kind of exercises have worked for others and what are the best foods to be eating, etc.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    There's an app for that. Literally.

You can also download a training program from the Tough Mudder website.

You may also want to look into Mark Lauren's programs, as they are the most comprehensive bodyweight programs I have found. Alternatively, find all the 100 x a day challenges ( some are 200). There is one for push-ups, one for pull-ups, squats, sit-ups... Each are designed to test your current level and help you build from there. If you did them all three times a week, plus plenty of running, you would have a pretty well rounded program.