Totally discouraged. Haven't lost a pound

Options
2»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'6 and weigh 148 pounds. I eat about 1200 calories everyday, which to be honest, makes me guilty, so I end up hopping on the treadmill. I weigh myself frequently, and usually end up seeing results. Make sure to cut your regular amount of calories by 500, don't work out too hard, and don't eat after dinner, PERIOD. Don't eat 3 hours before bed. If you have a slower metabolism, try 4. Make sure to keep whole wheat like bread and cereal out of your diet as much as possible. If you make eggs, take the yolk out. Decrease the stress you have in your life, and get plenty of rest.

So this one confuses me. You are my height and a little lighter - 8 lbs. My BRM is way over what you eat in a day. 1464.. Can I ask how your results have been? Also if someone else has input on the time of day question this brings up (eating 3 hours before bed).

Basically, the only good advice in all that was to get plenty of rest.
  • shutupandmove257
    Options
    Nothing wrong with venting, just stay positive and keep it up. :D If you need/want more support or help, feel free to add me! :D Good luck, you got this! :D
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I started back about a month ago after joining the gym. I have not lost a pound or an inch. I originally lost 29 lbs. Gained 20 back so I know it is possible. I am not sure why I am not losing this time. Last year in March when I started it came off fast. After a month of working out and watching my calories again I would think something woudl happen but no. I also havent even had a drop of alcohol for over a month. Not that I drank much before but would have a few on the weekends or every other weekend but nada zip nothing this time!! Grrrr.
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'6 and weigh 148 pounds. I eat about 1200 calories everyday, which to be honest, makes me guilty, so I end up hopping on the treadmill. I weigh myself frequently, and usually end up seeing results. Make sure to cut your regular amount of calories by 500, don't work out too hard, and don't eat after dinner, PERIOD. Don't eat 3 hours before bed. If you have a slower metabolism, try 4. Make sure to keep whole wheat like bread and cereal out of your diet as much as possible. If you make eggs, take the yolk out. Decrease the stress you have in your life, and get plenty of rest.

So this one confuses me. You are my height and a little lighter - 8 lbs. My BRM is way over what you eat in a day. 1464.. Can I ask how your results have been? Also if someone else has input on the time of day question this brings up (eating 3 hours before bed).

Basically, the only good advice in all that was to get plenty of rest.

That's what I was thinking. I am so not trying to knock on this commentator (I'm a mom and my mom-ness wants to help stear you in a better direction), as I wouldn't be here if I were the size I wanted to be BUT, 1200 is too few for you. You are going to get stuck. Maybe more stregnth training instead of the treadmill. I checked your profile and your not fat. Maybe toning up would work better to get you where you want to be (bikini season - we all want to be there). I would also add that in the correct portions and INGREDIANTS (Whole Grain not whole wheat flour) and whole grain breads cereals can be good things for you. Your body needs them.
  • gymmie1219
    gymmie1219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up the fight!!!! You've started the lifestyle change now continue!!! But would like to interject......I too love to "live" but even though you "think" you're making healthy choices eating out you're mistaken........there are so many things they add that are "hidden" calories. My suggestion is to try to allow yourself 1 cheat meal a week but would maybe wait a while at first so you can get a handle on eating right......another suggestion is eating "clean" that means no salt, prepackaged foods, frozen dinners, etc.Make sure you're preparing all your own meals from "whole/raw" foods. When you get rid of all of those additives and preservatives you'll be surprised how it will come off. Also try to limit to 3 servings of starches a day.....work more vegetables and protein into your diet....but NEVER do without a certain food group.......our bodies need all food groups...these are just my suggestions
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I read a good quote on a friends face book that said it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest the world so give it a good 12 weeks before you get down things take time, I know for me I spent the past 10 years making bad choices its gonna take longer than a few months to correct. Just be happy that your doing something be proud of yourself!