Training program design

Options
I'm in this weight training class this term, and we're getting to the part where we start really doing our own, individualized programs. She wants us to design our own programs and she'll look at them and tweak them as she sees fit, but I still feel so clueless. I have this paper that she gave us where with about 75 different types of exercises, and I don't know where to start.

Any thoughts on a beginners routine that will work my whole body in less than an hour? The class is only twice a week, so I want to be sure to get a full body workout in that time.

Thanks!

Replies

• jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe more specific questions would help...

How many different exercises?
    How many reps?
    How much weight?

I'm not really anticipating gaining much muscle, since I'll still be in a deficit while I'm doing this, so I guess I'm just looking to firm up a bit.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Something very basic:

1 warm-up set, 3 working sets, 8-10 reps at a weight that challenges you to the last rep:
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench
    Bent Over Rows
    Military Press

Or you Could do a 5x5 program with heavier weight or a progression. You might look around bodybuilding.com, look at New Rules of Lifting For Women or Starting Strength or Google StrongLifts 5x5 or Madcow 5x5.