C25K and NROLFW

Options
Is there anyone who combines both running and NROLFW?

I had already planned on doing C25K in order to help lose weight, But I got my hands on a copy of New Rules of Lifting For Women and I like the idea of it. I know that most women will not get huge from lifting, but alas I am not most women. I have higher testosterone than most women leading me to be incredibly hairy :grumble: So I am afraid that I might be the one person who winds up looking like A mannish glamazon. Definitely not the look I am going for.

Not only that but since I have more than 100 pounds to lose would it be more prudent to wait to lift or is it something that I should start immediately. Will lifting help me with the loose skin that comes from losing a large amount of weight since plastic surgery is out of the question for me?

Replies

• kidakiwi
    kidakiwi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump since I really want to know... Please with a cherry on Top?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you lift now, you will retain muscle at a higher rate than if you did not lift. When one loses weight through diet alone or diet and cardio only, muscle is lost along with fat. Heavy lifting helps combat that.

As for getting huge, you will notice gains at first as someone who is new to lifting. There will also be water retention in your muscles at first. however, if you are eating at a deficit, even with higher levels of testosterone, you will not gain significant amounts of muscle, especially after the "newbie gains" even out.