Clean Eaters on MFP?

Options
I'm Melissa! I'm looking for clean eaters, although I can't completely eat clean, there are some vices that I can't give up wine, chocolate and bacon (if I could write that in smaller font I would) I only eat it once a week...and two strips.
I need some help though motivation and some insight on how you transitioned over. Please guidance and knowledge :)TIA
I would love to have friendship as well

Replies

• glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We eat a very clean paleo diet, except cheese and alcohol are my vice so I'm not 100% either!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo and bacon is good :)

I don't do dairy - and I drink 100% agave tequila

never go full paleo :) ha!
  • glamroxjax
    Options
    Ha! Love it. I drink real moonshine, so I guess it doesn't get MUCH more pure than that. LOL
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Okay so its nice to know that not everyone is 100% clean
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    What do paleo's NOT eat? I'm interested. (I don't like bacon :tongue: )
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Too clean is boring, I tried at first. Eat mostly clean and then a little of the time eat what you love. It can't hurt you and will help you to stay with this as a lifestyle and not a diet forever.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I do 80% + clean and 20% what ever floats my boat. To put a restriction on yourself 100% makes it most likely that you won't succeed at this as a lifestyle change. I eat bacon regularly, and I'll never feel bad about it!

Zara
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I eat clean with regularly scheduled fajita and rita nights every Wednesday. and two other cheat meals a week. But considering I'm eating six times a day. I don't feel like two other meals a week is a big deal. LOL
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of food intolerances/medical restrictions, so eating cleanly just kind of happens anyway. I don't do it 100%, but I do it as closely to 100% as I can. I admit, since eating this way, a lot of packaged/process foods just don't even appeal to me. It doesn't feel restrictive anymore because they're not things I want to eat. The longer you go without eating something, the less it matters - or at least, that's been my experience. Feel free to PM or friend me!
  • glamroxjax
    Options
    What do paleo's NOT eat? I'm interested. (I don't like bacon :tongue: )
    Here is the best "cheat sheet" I've be able to find. I eat cheese once or twice a week since I love it so, but keep it as sparingly as i can.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/living-paleo-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html