Thighs

sundinsgurl
sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I hate the fact that my legs rub together when I walk/run - what are some good exercises to do to get rid of this???

I know rollerblading is good because it really works inner thighs when you push off each stride

Replies

• rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    lol
    i would like to know this to. I really hate it in the summer time, at the pool and wet, it ends up hurting from the rubbing.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I think the primary cure is losing weight, but, I have read that there is an ointment that you put on your inner thighs which keeps you from rubbing yourself raw. I think some people put powder there for the same reason.
    What about using those very elastic-legged pants or shorts? They might help reduce the rubbing until you lose enough weight for it to go away on its own.
    When I had that problem, I tried to wear silent clothing--that would not make noise as it rubbed together. No corderoy in my wardrobe, then or now! ;) I hope someone comes up with a more helpful response. Hugs.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    I have the same problem. I think loosing weight will help somewhat, but I remember even when i was thin (not too long ago) my thighs used to rub together. I have been working out with kettlebells and I really feel it in my inner thighs. I hope it helps to tone the area and minimize rubbing.
  • writer190
    writer190 Posts: 51 Member
    Everyone's body is different. Some people who are very thin have thighs that rub together anyway. Maybe their hips are narrower? Some people have to be unhealthily thin for their thighs not to rub together. But the way to minimize it is weight loss and toning.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Sumo squats are good for the inner thighs.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've heard there is anti-chafing lotion or gel that you can put on areas so that rubbing doesn't cause irritation. The one that I saw mentioned was made by Monistat... yes, they also make other feminine products but its probably a good product. I saw a product made by Band-Aid also that was for putting on heels to reduce friction, so maybe that would help in the thigh area too? I have the same problem and i basically have permanent stripes in between my legs from the rubbing.
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    zumba zumba zumba!!!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    I have used and will most likely continue to use the anti-chaffing cream by Monistat. It's works really will it's not greasy and just makes it so you don't chaffe. Some of us just weren't born to have sunshine thighs. (I was VERY VERY skinny a long time ago and my thighs still rubbed together at the very top.:grumble: ) To work that area though think Suzanne Summers = thigh master.

Try these:

Lay flat on your back with your knees bent and a Stability Ball between your legs. Squeeze the ball with your knees and roll your legs to your chest lifting your butt off the floor and engaging your abs. Bring your feet back down about an inch above the floor and repeat. This will work your inner thighs and core.

Lay on your side with both legs extended. move the top leg so that your knee is bent and your foot is flat on the floor in front of your extended bottom leg. (Try and get your foot to the chest side of the knee of your extended leg). With your bottom leg still extended and foot flat (DON'T POINT YOUR TOE) lift the bottom leg off the floor from the hip. ease your bottom leg back down, not quite touching the floor and repeat. Then switch sides. this will engage your inner thigh.

My fave: A variation of the sumo squat. I usually do these on the raquet ball court at the gym. Take a big step side ways squat lifting you arms together superman style infront of you (Keep your back straight). Stand back up lowering your arms and stepping back together. Take another big step repeat. then switch the leading step foot.

Hope those are more helpful than telling you to buy stock in Monistat. :wink: (PM me if you don't understand the directions and want me to clarify).

:drinker:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    losing the wt is the simplest way...not spot toning. but untilthen no goofy ant chafing potions...just get thet gelly kind of mens deodorant and rubit on...works wonders
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I have a spray that really helps (I'm hoping once I lose more weight I won't need it). I wore a skirt the other day and had no problems. I don't think you can by it at the store though - I got it at a "girls slumber party." It's technically for your bikini area but works great on your thighs.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Thank you for the replies everyone!!

I dont have money for that cream so I will continue to wear three quarter length pants while I work out. I will try the exercise tips mentioned by Ms banana -
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Sadly for all of us - you can't spot reduce fat :( Everyone loses in different places at first, and has a few different places hold out fat until the very last 5 pounds - keep up the cardio (with creams if needed) and keep your eating clean and you'll get there quick!!
This discussion has been closed.