Back at it after baby

Options
beezbee
beezbee Posts: 87 Member
I just got the clearance to work out after my c-section 7 weeks ago. Been on MFP over a year and a half, and I lost 18 lbs in the first 7 months by cleaning up my diet and working out. Now I'm ready to lose the remaining 20 lbs of my 40 lbs pregnancy weight gain! Today I started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, and I will slowly make my way back to logging my food, and eventually lifting again. Looking for like-minded people, possibly with similar goals. If you decide to send me a friend request, please include a brief message. Thanks!

Replies

• sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    Take it easy, 7 weeks after a c-section isn't long and newborns are very tiring so don't overdo it. Most baby weight goes with just general running around after a baby in the first 6 months without extra exercise, so with a small amount of added exercise it won't take long. Also be careful cutting calories in food if you are breastfeeding, for your benefit as well as babies. Congrats on the new baby.
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks - this is my second baby, so I'm not entirely new to this :-) I have GAINED weight in the past 2 weeks, which really prompted me to get serious about getting back in shape. It's just not true for me that anything happens without extra effort.
    Take it easy, 7 weeks after a c-section isn't long and newborns are very tiring so don't overdo it. Most baby weight goes with just general running around after a baby in the first 6 months without extra exercise, so with a small amount of added exercise it won't take long. Also be careful cutting calories in food if you are breastfeeding, for your benefit as well as babies. Congrats on the new baby.