Before and After Pictures?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm looking to start the 30 Day Shred soon and I wanted to take some "before" pictures.
So my question for you is, what's your method to taking before and after pictures?
Do you take them yourself, or have someone else take them for you?
Sorry if this is a silly question, just wanted some tips! Thanks!

Replies

• JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend took my picture for me. Front view, side view, and back view. Bikini style so I really see results.
  • FluffyMcNutter
    Options
    My best friend and I took pictures of each other, but lots of people take successful pictures using a mirror. Obviously full length mirror is going to work better than the one over the sink in the bathroom.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I always think its such a shame when people transform their body but don't have good before pictures.
    I'd say DEFINITELY get someone to take them for you. Do from 4 sides, have a relaxed pose and do both in tight fitting clothes - to show everyone and in underwear/ swimsuit/ bikini/workout wear for yourself.

Have good light and a plain background. Use a camera if your phone camera isn't very good. Also, take measurements..
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I took pictures of each other, but lots of people take successful pictures using a mirror. Obviously full length mirror is going to work better than the one over the sink in the bathroom.

Often when people are them themselves, their posture changes in before and after picture which means comparisons won't. E accurate if you don't have much to lose.
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a digital camera with a timer feature that has several settings -- the one I used for my official "before" pics takes one pic 10 seconds after I hit the shutter button and then one additional pic two seconds after that, so I just sit the camera on a good even surface and take those pics, myself. If you don't have a digital camera, some cellphones and I'm sure some webcams also come with this feature.

Good luck!
  • Lemongiggles
    Lemongiggles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just took my before pictures, and i have to say, I am totally shocked i let myself go so much. I am a 5'5' 25 year old woman and weight around 190. yikes. My motivation is to have my own before and after photos. I had my boyfriend take them, in my two piece swim suit that I no longer can wear. I also started the Body Rock TV 30 day challenge myself. GO GIRL!