Schwan truck!

Options
youngs
youngs Posts: 250 Member
If you have not tried the Triple Berry fruit(blueberry,blackberry.rasberry) and the fruit smoothie packs(strawberry and blueberry) from the Schwan man I would suggest you do..I take the smoothie packs and just add to Great Value Vanilla yogurt 6oz container and it taste just like the Mcdonalds fruit and yogurts..and if you really want to top it of use the Special K granola cereal...very YUMMY!! thought I would share with warm weather coming it makes for a nice treat in the evenings..

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    What's a Schwan truck?
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Schwans truck is a grocery service that comes to your home and delivers their foods to you. I know that they don't go into all areas of the country so you would have to go on to their site and look your area up to see if they deliver in your area. I have tried a few of their foods but a lot of what they sell is processed junk and useless to me since I am on a low carb lifestyle.
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    He was outside my house tonight and I should have ran him down damn why didn't I read this earlier????
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    The Blue Hake fish is also a great, healthy buy. The unbreaded fillets, of course.

The smoothie packets are wonderful and I found them HUGE, enough for four smoothies in my family. Great for mornings when we wake up late, lol.

They also have a fruit blend, or used to (?) with mango and pineapple and strawberry. I think it was something like sunrise fruit blend? It was my favorite!!! Great for so many things. The triple berry blend is pretty ecomonical if you don't have an Aldi nearby. They have the same bag in their own label for half the price but the Schwans bag still beats most grocery store prices for 2lb of berries.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sorry the other post on here is not happy with the Schwan..but you can go on line to www.schwan.com and see all there items..they have a lot of good foods that fit right into diets..they also have veggies that are good..yes there is food that are not good for ya..but you even have that in the grocery store..I would suggest that you give them a try..the also have small ears of corn that are very good...run him down next time and try it..you will not be sorry..also if you get a one of there books it also has calories and other information by the items..so you know what you are getting..
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Funny, I drive by a Schwan's everyday on my way to the bank. Must be their plant or something.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try their frozen broccoli florets. OMG. Best kind I've ever found.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've been getting their frozen fruit blends for ages now and we all love them! We also love their Blue Hake and Trim Creations fudge bars (50 calories and a graet treat on a hot day!)

They do have a lot of processed foods but they also have LOTS of good healthy foods!

But, oh my, those boxes take up a lot of room in the freezer! LOL! We are hoping to get a small freezer so we can stock up--they have some GREAT sales, too (especially if you use the website to order!).
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    They have some great LiveSmart dinners. I get the Asian Orange Chicken, the Turkey and gravy with steamed veggies and they are great to take for lunch at work. They are expensive though but taste SO good! My one treat every night before bed is their Strawberry frozen bars. Yummm....40 cals, whole chunks of strawberries and low sugar.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The Schwans man used to stop in my office where I worked back in Oklahoma, many years ago. The owner bought it all the time and had it delivered there instead of their house. I started to put orders in to. Some of it I just left there at work for lunch since we had a full kitchen. They really have some good stuff, but it was a bit pricey for me compared to the grocery store.

I gave up on Schwans since I could easily find products and the grocery store that was cheaper. And I did not mind cooking or dividing up packages to freeze.

Now, I am older and with my own business and school I just do not have all the time to prepare meals like I used to. Not only that, I live in the middle of nowhere and the independent markets that are close are expensive and sometimes I just do not have time to spend driving to the grocery store and take hours (thanks to my fiancé) in the store. It seems like we throw a lot of food out, which just wastes our funds. I clean the fridge out all the time and I try to freeze to reuse what I can.

I was excited to see that Schwans now accepts ebt, food assistance. I think it might be a good option to buy the things that are in single servings/prepackaged. It might take off some of the stress of the grocery shopping trip as well as cut down throwing away food. Might cost a little more, but it might be worth it for us in the long run.

I get bored of Lean Cusines, Smart Ones and Healthy Choice. I love cooking, but sometimes I just do not have time. I see that Schwans now has their healthy versions.

Might have to plan a menu, budget the ebt funds, and test it out for a month. Keep track of what we are throwing away too.