If I messed up yesterday do I eat all my calories today?

Options
2»

Replies

• Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is the best post eva!!

I have that problem some days and I think That you and me aren't the only person who have a bad day! and really the comments help me a lot about that!!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    this
    No you still need to eat your recommend calorie count, if you starve yourself it messes up your metabolism. Just try to eat SUPER healthy fruits, and veggies :) You can do it!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    YES! absolutely, one day will not make or break you, just go back to your normal routine, and things will straighten themselves out
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best reason to know your TDEE. TDEE is what you need to eat to maintain your current weight. In order to gain a pound of fat, you have to eat 500 calories per day over your TDEE. So if TDEE is, say 1900 calories to maintain my current weight I would have to eat 2400 calories every day to gain a pound of fat. So...as long as you don't let one slip up cause you to continue to "binge" then you should be fine. One day will not factor much over the course of a month.
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Take an extra walk after dinner ...

More importantly though, try to learn from it. WHY did you splurge yesterday? Did you feel deprived the other 4 days? Cutting sugar cold turkey? Over tired maybe causing carb/sugar cravings?

Figure it out and make that splurge day into a positive learning process.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You could do what everyone else says and balance out one bad day over a span of two weeks or you can balance out one bad day by eating high protein and extremely low or no carbs the next day at 600 calories max.